2014 Sportsman Front Diff Leak...Known Issue?

21 hours on my 2014 Sportsman 400.  Front diff developed a leak.  Still under warranty (extended) so dropped it at the dealership for service.  I didn't pay for the extended warranty, it was a promotional thing.  Dealer had the quad for two weeks while they awaited delivery of a seal kit.  Which incidentally, coincided with the two weeks I took off work for hunting.   Got it back and the leak is much worse than before.  That's about a 7" diameter puddle in those pics that developed under the front end after being parked for two hours after a ride.

I guess it's going back to the dealer but if they have to order parts I am demanding they have them hotshotted overnight and I will NOT be paying the $50 deductible again...  This is a fine example of why when things are out of warranty I always do my own work.  I mean, don't they check their work?  Do they just replace stuff and assume it's good?  Maybe they just topped off the fluid and figured I wouldn't notice it still leaking :excuseme:

I had an '08 500 EFI that I bought new and put over 3000 miles on it without issue.  I am just wondering if this is a common failure?  Also, the machine has only ever seen hard pack dirt and light snow...no mud, deep water, or muskeg...

PC070003.JPG

PC070004.JPG

Dropped the quad off this morning.

Waited patiently in line while the lady took care of another customer. Then just as I began to explain why I was there the phone rings and she takes the call and deals with the customer on the phone for 5 minutes. Hmmm...felt like a dick for having to be a dick, but told them they have to do more than just replace a seal and call 'er good. Told her the tech has to look at what may have actually caused the seal to fail...aka burr on the shaft or shaft possibly bent, out of true, etc... She assured me he was great at his job, but that was only after she had previously sewered him on the phone when I called her to address this issue.

Secondly I told her "I trust that if the machine requires parts you will have them hotshotted overnight and not have me wait two weeks for the parts to arrive like you did last time?". I went on to tell her how I deal with Honda and they never take more than 2 days to get my parts even when the parts are located on the other side of the country. I stated how I was patient last time when you had my quad for two weeks during my two week holiday from work. No big deal, shit happens I dealt with it, but now my patience is up.

Thirdly, I told her I trust you will not be charging me the deductible again for the same issue that should have been fixed right the first time. She said that she would have to talk to her manager...

We'll see how they do this time.

Am I being unreasonable in my expectations? I REALLY hate having to be an arsehole to these people, but I feel like I am doing an injustice when I do not speak up...

Edited by Fattonz

Your not being there unreasonable, just sounds like a lazy mechanic. I would be peeved about the 2 week wait and $50 charge doesn't the warranty cover that ?

It's an extended warranty so there is a deductible. Don't mind paying it once, but not twice because of their incompetence...

Edited by Fattonz