Renton WA (Anyone in the Area?)

Hello All,

I have been working on my bike and now I have a purpose:

Stump Jumpers Desert 100!

I am signing up for the dual sport ride.  Between now and April 11th/12th I need to complete my build and do as much off road riding as possible.  

1. Anyone know of trails that I can ride that are close to the area?

2. Anyone want to ride and help me train up?

3. Anyone have old gear they want to get rid of? ( I am 6' 0 and 240lbs)  XL works best for me. Size 13 boots in most cases.

*** I have an FMF header that is open right now.  I tried to hook it up to a Stock 2001 S muffler and it does not work.  Need the E muffler until my FMF slip on arrives. (around December 12th). 

If you have an E type header you are willing to separate with let me know.

Thanks 

Andrew

An address or directions would be great if you don't mind sharing. PM me.  

I willing to do 30-45 minute trips to go out and ride trails.  At this point I have done so much research and my conclusion is that anything close is not being disclosed online.  Greenwater is a vague description in most forums.  When Google mapped I get the outside of a restaurant.  

Have you gone out towards exit 38 off i90?  I have not been out there yet but there is supposed to be a ride there.

Do you trailer or ride out to your spots?

Well, I don't know shit about the area, but I will be moving to the area soon and am very eager to go ride out there.

If you ever need someone to watch your back out on some trails and no one else is free, I'd almost assuredly be ready and willing.

At this point I have done so much research and my conclusion is that anything close is not being disclosed online.  

Yes, this is the art of keeping stash areas open. Meet people and learn vice blatant posting online for quads and crawlers to come and destroy/close down trails. 

An address or directions would be great if you don't mind sharing. PM me.  

I willing to do 30-45 minute trips to go out and ride trails.  At this point I have done so much research and my conclusion is that anything close is not being disclosed online.  Greenwater is a vague description in most forums.  When Google mapped I get the outside of a restaurant.  

Have you gone out towards exit 38 off i90?  I have not been out there yet but there is supposed to be a ride there.

Do you trailer or ride out to your spots?

I've ridden exit 34 and 38 multiple times.. 38 is just ok IMO.  Nothing I would make an effort to go ride unless i was in the area.  34 has some cool single track type spots and some other nasty stuff, but you have to be careful as you're technically not suppose to ride in most of the spots.  I have never had a problem however.

Back in the day when i had a plated DRZ i would sometimes ride out there, but its a bit of a trek on that bike.  Now that I only have an off-road bike (wr250f), we just load the bikes up in the back of my truck or my buddies and park at the trail head.  Been doing this for a few years now.  Im reluctant to post locations online as i want to keep them under the radar, but I would be down to meet up sometime and show you around the trails out there.. Always looking for new people to ride with and any reason to get out on the bike.  

If you have any more questions or want to try and get out sometime just PM me..

I'm listening....

That goes for you to Backwoods Bomber!

Edited by NW_drZ

Lets organize a ride?

I get my pipe sometime after the 12th of December.  Ordered it in early november.  Darn back orders.  

Anybody want to ride new years day or the 2nd of january?  or that weekend?  I have a truck I can take to the spot as well.   

I don't mind organizing the ride if someone else wants to lead it.  If you are in the area I can help haul one other bike in my truck. 

-Andrew

I am also looking for a second bike.  I would rather make a trade vs buy though.  I have gotten out of my shooting hobby (clays, targets, etc.), I went all of two times and have some guns I just don't use at all and sooooooo much ammunition.  If anyone is interested in a trade or if you know anyone let me know.

I live in Snoqualmie, about 20 minutes from you. There are a few logging roads in Northbend that you could get out on this time of year; the Middle and Northfork Roads. There are also all of the fire service roads off of the I-90 you can ride all year round. 

There is a residential road at Hyak (Snoqualmie Summit Ski Area) that turns into dirt. Ride it for a short distance and you will all of the sudden be at the top of the ski runs where the chairs get off at. There are many Jeep roads and trails up there.

If you go to Ellensburg, you can ride FOREVER and be in some beautiful scenery. You can jump onto the WA State Backcountry Discovery Route in Ellensburg. It's a trail system that goes from CA to Canada. These are dirt roads with tons of trails that spur off of them. You can ride every day for a week and never see much of the trails up there. Some friends and I rode from Ellensburg to Leavenworth, over to Chelan and barely touched pavement. 

Call or stop by Webb Powersports for some local pointers or check out the WABDR website for the scoop: http://www.backcountrydiscoveryroutes.com/WABDR

There is a group of us that regularly ride together (enduros, streetbikes, and bicycles). Any two wheels really. 

Keep in touch and if time allows, I'd get out for a spin with you. 

I hope this helps. Good luck!

I live in Snoqualmie, about 20 minutes from you. There are a few logging roads in Northbend that you could get out on this time of year; the Middle and Northfork Roads. There are also all of the fire service roads off of the I-90 you can ride all year round.

There is a residential road at Hyak (Snoqualmie Summit Ski Area) that turns into dirt. Ride it for a short distance and you will all of the sudden be at the top of the ski runs where the chairs get off at. There are many Jeep roads and trails up there.

If you go to Ellensburg, you can ride FOREVER and be in some beautiful scenery. You can jump onto the WA State Backcountry Discovery Route in Ellensburg. It's a trail system that goes from CA to Canada. These are dirt roads with tons of trails that spur off of them. You can ride every day for a week and never see much of the trails up there. Some friends and I rode from Ellensburg to Leavenworth, over to Chelan and barely touched pavement.

Call or stop by Webb Powersports for some local pointers or check out the WABDR website for the scoop: http://www.backcountrydiscoveryroutes.com/WABDR

There is a group of us that regularly ride together (enduros, streetbikes, and bicycles). Any two wheels really.

Keep in touch and if time allows, I'd get out for a spin with you.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

If I'm not mistaken isn't middle fork off 34 closed for construction for a while? Or is that just during the week?

Lets organize a ride?

I get my pipe sometime after the 12th of December. Ordered it in early november. Darn back orders.

Anybody want to ride new years day or the 2nd of january? or that weekend? I have a truck I can take to the spot as well.

I don't mind organizing the ride if someone else wants to lead it. If you are in the area I can help haul one other bike in my truck.

-Andrew

Drew I would be down to get in on a ride.. I won't be plated by then (jan 2nd) so I will have to keep it off road. I may actually hit monroe this Saturday since it's suppose to be nice out. Sounds like you may have your pipe freshly on if you get it the 12th.. Just saying 🙂

I think we should use this thread as a sign up of sorts for rides:

1. Post the date and time of your ride.

2. People can PM for an address to the start of the ride location.

Three rules?:

1. Don't disclose the location of the ride if asked by the rider who is showing you the area.

2. If you go on the ride you are responsible for yourself, bike and belongings.  

3. Have Fun!

Ride: DESERT 100

When: April 11th and 12th

Where: Odessa, WA

I plan to do the Dual Sport Ride and the Iron Man Poker Run (If they aren't at the same time).  If I feel super confident I might enter the race but won't be competitive at all.  I will start well behind just to avoid the mad dash/crashes. 

I am trying to gauge how to set up a good camp site so that I can be comfortable. I figure the larger the group the better as we can maintain a mini community for help anyone may need.  I wouldn't mind being race support for people or we could set up a few team races. 

Help Needed:

- I need to get some MX gear or do I?  I need a roost guard for a big guy 6' 240.

- Elbow pads

- Knee pads

- Recommendations for jersey/pants or qualified gear for trails. (I have a good setup for adventure riding and road gear but don't think the suit rough terrain well)

Ride: DESERT 100

When: April 11th and 12th

Where: Odessa, WA

I plan to do the Dual Sport Ride and the Iron Man Poker Run (If they aren't at the same time).  If I feel super confident I might enter the race but won't be competitive at all.  I will start well behind just to avoid the mad dash/crashes. 

I am trying to gauge how to set up a good camp site so that I can be comfortable. I figure the larger the group the better as we can maintain a mini community for help anyone may need.  I wouldn't mind being race support for people or we could set up a few team races. 

Help Needed:

- I need to get some MX gear or do I?  I need a roost guard for a big guy 6' 240.

- Elbow pads

- Knee pads

- Recommendations for jersey/pants or qualified gear for trails. (I have a good setup for adventure riding and road gear but don't think the suit rough terrain well)

Fly gear is good and lasts, any roost guard is good, I'm female so I use the womens Fox one, knee guards I use the SixSix1 guards until I get my braces, I don't use elbow guards in the dirt but sometimes I will wear my SixSix1 Pressure suit. YES you will want Offroad gear for sure.

Here's the Last Chance Poker run we did in Mattawa 35 miles of WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS lol. I was running 20psi know the rocks so I didn't get a pinch flat HA, sucked in the sand.

Oh and,

Ride:   Stateline Supermoto Challenge

When: April 10-12

Where: Primm Nevada