Kx 125 chain guide

If that happened, then you need to check you chain length vs your adjuster blocks. I know on our 125, I run the stock rear but when I change the front, the 13T makes it run close to the guide. I just let it chew away at it. My son goes through a chain guide on his bikes about every 5 months anyway. If he were to ride one more than the other, it would be 2 to 3 months. But he rides the 125 as much as the 250.

If that happened, then you need to check you chain length vs your adjuster blocks. I know on our 125, I run the stock rear but when I change the front, the 13T makes it run close to the guide. I just let it chew away at it. My son goes through a chain guide on his bikes about every 5 months anyway. If he were to ride one more than the other, it would be 2 to 3 months. But he rides the 125 as much as the 250.

Not trying to hi-jack threads here but, what's a good set-up to run for the 125's? I'm due for front and rear on the one I picked up recently. You can actually wiggle the front back and forth aside from being able to move the chain side to side on sprocket itself. In relation to the chain guide though, do you really need it? The front one, not the rear. Mine is missing.

Are you referring to the chain wiggling on the sprocket?

As for needing a chain guide...YES. You must have one.

Yes, side to side, not about being able to pick it up. I know they are supposed to be a little loose to allow suspension to spring. I assumed it would be the same as a motorcycle in that , you don't want to be able to move it side to side on the sprocket. Either way the sprockets are old and need changing. Why is it a must for a chain guide? Isnt it a safety thing, not a functional thing?

Chain guide is a functional thing. The chain on a MX bike needs to have a certain amount of slack. Without that guide, your chain would pop off every 50'.

Side to side play is all based on the type of chain you have. A standard chain is usually pretty loose. An O-ring chain will be tighter. BTW Do not run an o-ring style chain on a 125. You will rob yourself of alot of HP. 

A250 maybe, they have the power to pull. But not like a 4T. I run a O-ring style on my sons 250 because of the additional strength.

Chain guide is a functional thing. The chain on a MX bike needs to have a certain amount of slack. Without that guide, your chain would pop off every 50'.

Side to side play is all based on the type of chain you have. A standard chain is usually pretty loose. An O-ring chain will be tighter. BTW Do not run an o-ring style chain on a 125. You will rob yourself of alot of HP. 

A250 maybe, they have the power to pull. But not like a 4T. I run a O-ring style on my sons 250 because of the additional strength.

That would explain why the chain on this one was so tight when I got the bike. So when I order the new chain ill steer clear of o ring style.

Steel sprockets and constant cleaning and lube, your chains will last a long time.

Don't expect an aluminum sprocket to last very long. I don't care how well you maintain them. Steel vs aluminum...steel wins. Alloy sprockets are for Bling.

If you want the best sprockets there are, look into dirttricks.com   Ironman sprockets.

Steel sprockets and constant cleaning and lube, your chains will last a long time.

Don't expect an aluminum sprocket to last very long. I don't care how well you maintain them. Steel vs aluminum...steel wins. Alloy sprockets are for Bling.

If you want the best sprockets there are, look into dirttricks.com   Ironman sprockets.

cool, thanks sappers. Much help as always.

In some Kawasaki tech tip, there was mention of going to a 12T to use either a 52T or higher than 52T, along with some something about modifying the chain guide to make it fit.

I can't remember what it said.

I want to say MXA said they went up to 52T in their 2005 KX125 test article. My big self is going to try it for next year's setup for racing.