chickens drz build

So I bought my 2000 S stock as a rock back in september and have slowly been working my way at resolving this stockness and figured it I should probably start a build thread.

7AE0439F-B7FB-47DC-A3B6-17CDC4C50068_zps

Day i bought it 

First road ride the deathwing gave out on me 

3AC4C78F-2A5E-497D-971B-68737722CBBB_zps

So i replaced them with a full set of mt43's and i put on protaper fat bars with 1" risers and scott grips

CF2951D8-2433-4DB6-850E-90EA0F600A17_zps

Stock petcock shit the bed so out with it

DD5DFF19-6178-4D9C-A885-16E550CB9003_zps

in with the new 

0CAD36C2-75A1-4841-86E0-BD2478BB24AF_zps

Then i fitted up msr handgaurd with cycra plastics on them

C63823E2-A6B7-4E5C-8CFF-8A163A4DAFCE_zps

and i integrated some turn signals and did the rear swing arm sticker

17EB9A89-760D-4BBF-A424-8D5A344609A2_zps

742CE3F7-F29C-4298-853D-20F280876548_zps

Wolfman enduro tool bag after the stock one took a crap

06BFC771-09AE-4738-8807-4A6EE0A8D0A2_zps

• Like 1

The next step was to break my humerus on the bike 

AF49FA27-0A18-4355-95E7-F98672F6E0B0_zps

And rip the bikes face off with a broken arm

889B46EC-BCA7-4946-AAC3-1E6592C4DF98_zps

Put it on a diet and get it a trail tech so i can have a tach

13E6F3EB-77E2-4607-BBD6-6E1FAD553D12_zps

plus a new headlight as part of the diet

52B80C5D-69DF-456B-803D-A8D1442856EB_zps

Zeta spedo gear eliminator for the sake of vanity 

D27A6D0C-2103-48EC-9308-C2E10E27BC84_zps

Edited by chicken0207

Did you just cut out slots and add parts store orange lights for the turn signals or did you buy a kit? I was thinking of doing that with my MSR hand guard if i poor them back on, I had already not the parts store replacement orange lights but took the hand guards of before I tried it#

used a set of replacement zeta/tusk flashers and the just custom cut the holes in the cycra guards, it a nice flush almost oem look

• Like 3

Its not too funny when you break your arm . Whats in the background of your x-ray , it looks like a spark plug or fuel injector ?

Thats the iv, they blew 4 tries in my non broken arm in the ambulance  so finally the em stuck it in my broken shoulder since they had a good vein, a steady stream of opiates 6" from your head is an interesting experience.

• Like 2

Thats the iv, they blew 4 tries in my non broken arm in the ambulance so finally the em stuck it in my broken shoulder since they had a good vein, a steady stream of opiates 6" from your head is an interesting experience.

Like the blinkers in the hand guards! That's what I was thinking was the IV... is it healed up yet or when did you have the crash?

Thats the iv, they blew 4 tries in my non broken arm in the ambulance  so finally the em stuck it in my broken shoulder since they had a good vein, a steady stream of opiates 6" from your head is an interesting experience.

Yep been there done that , snapped off my forearm once ! Morphine is so nice !

Like the blinkers in the hand guards! That's what I was thinking was the IV... is it healed up yet or when did you have the crash?

I crashed about a month ago, had a plate put in surgically about 3 weeks ago, should be another month till the bone heals but the radial nerve was stretched so it could be anywhere from 1-6 months till comes back and that controls my wrist so sadly i can ride right now.

Yep been there done that , snapped off my forearm once ! Morphine is so nice !

Ya it was my first time on any of it and they gave me a few doses of fentanyl in the ambulance a couple doses of morphine at the hospital and dosed me up with hydromorphone as they sent me out the door.

• Like 1

I crashed about a month ago, had a plate put in surgically about 3 weeks ago, should be another month till the bone heals but the radial nerve was stretched so it could be anywhere from 1-6 months till comes back and that controls my wrist so sadly i can ride right now.

Ya it was my first time on any of it and they gave me a few doses of fentanyl in the ambulance a couple doses of morphine at the hospital and dosed me up with hydromorphone as they sent me out the door.

Heal up soon!

• 4 weeks later...

Man .. I have never used Death wings but they look Evil :devil:

lol, they're great tires. once they're warmed up you can push them a long way, but like any tire, fast/jerky inputs = immediate loss of traction. the trailwings work great and have advanced warning when you're pushing them too far, a very gradual reminder to pull back a little. 

the mt43 on the other hand, will wash out with very little warning once it gets to the edge. kind of like a d606 does:

traction traction traction traction

GONE

and you say hello to pavement. 

offroad, the trailwings will handle like any street tire will. fine until you hit mud/water, then you become a flyswatter. 

• Like 1

Been busy on the bike lately

first off i got a new rsc clutch

14D89F69-4298-43E4-9E88-9BFC0883ACBB_zps

good choice! I can't say enough good things about my RSC. I even bought one for my rm 250 (which had a much harder pull than the drz)

one finger clutch work off road no longer cramps up my hand. you will enjoy the lever.