Ive just purchased a full FMF 4.1 system for my bike but had a question. I also ordered a new gasket for where the header connects, (saw on some videos that it is wise to replace it) but when i took off the header there was no gasket there before. In my manual it shows there should be one and i ordered an OEM gasket to replace the old one but there just isnt an old one already there. Could it be just pressed in really deep and im missing it or should i put the new one in when installing exhaust or leave it out?   My bike had some work on it about a year ago for some fuel injection problems but i dont think they took exhaust off. Could someone have forgotten it? any replies will help. Thanks! Nate

The new washer, as you can see is round. It is a "crush washer". After they get pressed into exhaust outlet, they flatten out and need to be picked out. Look inside with a light, and carefully pry it away from head. After time they tend to form tight inside head. It is possible that someone failed to put one in.

Sorry to gate crash the post but I'm wondering if someone can help me out.

I also have a 12 crf 250 and I'm looking to get a new exhaust system and was wondering if the 2010 to 2013 models are the same? Im looking at 2 very good used 2010 fmf/akrapovic exhausts and wanted to know if they will fit mine.

Thanks

I got it out! it was really pressed in there but i got it out with a flat head. The exhaust turned out good! To Riki I think that 2009 to 2013 crf250r are the same. you shouldn't have a problem with that one.

Thanks Nate, I thought they are the same I just wanted to be sure.

I have one more question, does this picture look like the header is fitted properly. I followed instructions and watched many tutorials and made sure to tighten evenly just want to make sure that it looks right if anyone is able to tell. Thanks, Nate 

IMG_06551_zpsfe70c3f0.jpg

IMG_06561_zpsb2cddf33.jpg

IMG_06571_zps0d1bcccd.jpg