750 Norton Commando with Dunstall Pipes

Back in the early 70's when my Dad traded-in his 250 Ducati Desmo for a shiny new Norton Commando 750, he right away send away to England for set of Paul Dunstall Norton Villers set of tail-pipes that gave it a sound that only a true Norton,Triumph,BSA, or Matchless Mike"The Bike" Hailwood, John Cooper or Dave Bickers fan would  smile about.  We were so hard-core, we owned a classic LP album called TT Highlights from the "Isle of Man" road race. While riding with my Dad on this British Beauty, the Bellevue Police Motorcycle Cop stopped us, and after a casual back-and-forth  between the cop and my Dad, The officer produced a stick, and tried to stick-it down the Dunstall exhaust in a feeble attempt to discover a straight-pipe so he could write a ticket, but the crafty Paul Dunstall Norton Engineers had six tubes about two feet long that stopped the officer quest for a ticket, we rode off. Now I see many Harleys with TT pipes, un-muffled, and think what the young KZ1000 officer would think, then throw in the Harley riders proudly not wearing helmets, as opposed to my Norton riding Father who would slap me around for not wearing my Bell Star on my race bikes,even to the mail box.

Edited by 1973 Honda XR75