1997 kx 250 LH power valve obsolete?

So I have a 97 kx250 that I am currently replacing the crank on and decided to clean my power valve cause I thought it was sticky. We'll I have pulled it apart and cleaned it up and have found that the left power valves gear is worn and is causing the system to bind when I open and close it. The kawasaki part number is 12005-1242. I found a seller on ebay who says they have them but am weary. I have called every kawasaki dealer around and partszilla and a few other vendors and they all say they are not availible. There are a few used ones online but are in just as bad shape as mine. If I cannot find a replacement one I will be using alumafill and just fill the gaps and file it down. Any leads on any?

These look pretty dirty...lol but they also look very useable.......after closer looking the LH valve does show some pretty bad wear. Not as good as I first thought. I like how ebay sellers dont clean up used parts..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181313029760?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by Blackwoodz

• 1 year later...

I am currently stuck looking to buy this part right now for my jeff emig replica build........ Are there any out there or am I just gonna have to draw them in cad and get a few punched out on the cnc for the masses?

• 2 months later...