New to Dirt Bikes, Bought This Thing Monday

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post, but I got this TTR 250 on Monday.  Seems to be in great shape, guess I'll find out soon 👍 Current ride is a 2012 Suzuki VStrom.  It's enough to make me want to go off road but I know it's not really ever going to.  Anyway, in Northern VA, hope to find a place and a day soon to give it a try.

12-08-14.JPG

h4t5unbegji.JPG

Edited by novastrom
  • Like 2

Very, very reliable bike. Not a great bike by any measure but certainly a very competent bike. An excellent choice for a starter off-road bike. The nice thing about them is, if you decide to get a better off-road bike, you will have no problems selling it and getting your money back.

Also, it's simplicity means you won't messing around with a bunch of high tech crap.

Edited by DR.billZ
  • Like 3

I had one of these TTR 250's join my stable for awhile a couple years ago.  It was a strong performer, and we wound up taking it on the nastiest of the nasty stuff our local park has to offer.  It was dubbed "bike of the day" by everyone who rode it.  Looking at it, there was no real suspension...but riding it was another thing.  It handled great and seemed like the center of gravity carried nice and low.  Which translated to doing nicely on quick turns.  It had no explosive power but you could drag it around turns at a higher speed and keep up very well.  I am pretty much a die-hard KTM-er, but truly appreciated the versatility of the TTR.