Sign in to follow this  

Why do i suck a dirtbiking so bad?

Maby it's because I

Never had a good coach

Never had a good track to practice on

Rode with bad suspension

Rode with bad techniques

Have had untreated ADD all my years

It just pisses me off that I'm not throwing fat whips after 10 year experience. Ow well, I could have much bigger problems I guess!

• Like 1

Maby it's because I

Never had a good coach

Rode with bad suspension

Rode with bad techniques

It just pisses me off that I'm not throwing fat whips after 10 year experience. Ow well, I could have much bigger problems I guess!

Trust me, adderall isn't the magic motocross pill, I'm living proof of that...

If you're really that bad...just make sure who you ride with, is worse than you. Now you're good. My problem...I was horrific, and had to unlearn everything I knew, ' cause my peers really were good. I'm now elevated to maybe " just ok"

lol well with an attitude like that i wouldn't expect much from you anyway.  

you make of it what you can and you work with what you got...then once you got the best conditions and best bike you'll be golden...I haven't had a coach per say but since I ride all the time I meet people and ask them questions...they end up teaching me alot...

so quit ya bi*chin, get out there, get seat time, and braaaaaap on

• Like 6

at least you have a bike

at least you are riding

at least you have a track

at least you are hitting jumps

see the brighter side?

Edited by Jakeblues
  • Like 11

Fear, inability to expand your comfort zone, and not being honest with yourself are usually the reasons that hold people back in their progression in sports such as mx. Your list is just frivolous excuses.

• Like 4

I think you care too much. Me I don't care and it doesn't bother me.

• Like 1

Quit saying I am bad. Work on attude and go ride never mind what out her people think and if someone trys to show you a better way to ride give it 100% and go for it my two cents!!!!

Fear, inability to expand your comfort zone, and not being honest with yourself are usually the reasons that hold people back in their progression in sports such as mx. Your list is just frivolous excuses.

Having 1 sub par motocross track close to me that's open 5 hours every 2 weeks seems like a pretty good excuse to me, then on top of that I work rotating shifts so I can make it maby once a month. South Dakota isint exactly motocrossers paradise, it's farmers paradise.

Riding without good suspension is also a good excuse, I've been riding with roached linkage bearing for the last 5 years. Why didn't I notice it a long time ago you ask? Because I didn't know any different lol. A moto dad would have picked up on that right away. But anyway I have a good attitude about. It just dosent seem like it in this thread.

Having 1 sub par motocross track close to me that's open 5 hours every 2 weeks seems like a pretty good excuse to me, then on top of that I work rotating shifts so I can make it maby once a month. South Dakota isint exactly motocrossers paradise, it's farmers paradise.

Riding without good suspension is also a good excuse, I've been riding with roached linkage bearing for the last 5 years. Why didn't I notice it a long time ago you ask? Because I didn't know any different lol. A moto dad would have picked up on that right away. But anyway I have a good attitude about. It just dosent seem like it in this thread.

i don't have a "moto dad" to pick up on this crap either...

excuses excuses...

• Like 3

You asked the question and the answer I provided fits for 99%.

Plenty of fast riders on crap bikes and suspension. If you are really determined to get fast you will get fast.

One common point I seem to notice about the fast guys, they usually started riding as young kids.

Edited by Jakeblues
  • Like 1

Maby it's because I

Never had a good coach

Rode with bad suspension

Rode with bad techniques

The only thing I give a shit about is the level of pleasure and therefore enjoyment I derive from riding.  I also never use OTHERS as a basis for comparison.  It's a losing proposition because there will always be a thousand guys who are better.

You should simply be challenging yourself to be better than you were the year before...

Now stop your bitching and whining and just be happy that you have the freedom to ride :thumbsup:

• Like 3

One common point I seem to notice about the fast guys, they usually started riding as young kids.

"Usually" is the key word, and I guess I'm not one of them. Lol

I started riding when I was 4, and I'm maybe top 10 B class locally.

Doesnt matter though, riding is something I look forward to all week, and I don't think I ever have a bad time riding either..

• Like 1

"Usually" is the key word, and I guess I'm not one of them. Lol

I started riding when I was 4, and I'm maybe top 10 B class locally.

Doesnt matter though, riding is something I look forward to all week, and I don't think I ever have a bad time riding either..

even if it was a "bad time" at the time...i usually remember it as fun :) hahah anytime out is fun to me.  Even if it was a PITA and difficult..it was still fun :) 

Honestly seat time is the #1 way to get better. And if u want it bad enough, just make yourself ride just a SMIDGE over ur ability, not to the point to where u put urself in danger, but just a little bit. Once you get used to the speed, then repeat the process. Again not to the point to where u are in danger, but just a little bit to keep U on ur toes.

• Like 2