Goggle lenses

Im getting some new goggles and have a question about the lenses. You can generally get clear or tinted/mirrored lenses. Do the tinted/mirrored lenses add a or enhance anything or are they just for looks. Im guessing the tinted ones will reduce sun glare and things like that, but do the mirrored lenses add anything?? Or are they just for style, to look cool.

Thanks

Depends on where you ride. I ride woods and trails. My experience is tinted lenses reduce my visibility when under the trees. So even though I wish they were tinted when in open areas I choose being able to see better in the shadows.

If I rode MX where there was no trees I would choose tinted.

• Like 1

I don't use mirrored lenses, but I do use a smoke lens. I like the smoke, even riding in semi dark conditions.....Though, I have ridden, in the woods, at or barely after dusk and that I didn't like so much.

Under my christmas tree is a pair of goggles that has a blue "mirrored" lens....haven't checked them out, but I would say it's a style thing. I got them cheap and planned to use them as my back up goggles, so i didn't care about the lens color at all.