Gear

So just wondering what gear I need for now I won't be doing trail anytime soon or racing but will just ride on the track. I don't want to just go off and buy a bunch of stuff I really don't need so I figured to just put this up and see what you guys recommend.

Check out Fly racing gear.

They have decent gear and its usually cheaper.

I use fly, thor, bell, msr, smith, Scott.

I have some Thor gear 15 years old and still looks new.

Bought fly gear last time its holding up well also, was 1/2 price of Thor.

My wife really likes her MSR gear and I just got her some great looking o'neal stuff for a steal from motorcycle superstore. I think the whole set cost $45

• Like 1

Can anyone provide some feedback on Fox Comp 5 mx boots.? 

I currently have a pair of the Fox Instinct boots, but they are "way" too stiff. Had them for over 1 year and still can't hardly walk in them. Just too stiff. 

I'm looking at the new Fox Comp 5 boots, but I'm open to other brands. Just want a boot that provides good protection, and also some degree of comfort when riding.

Thanks.

I appreciate the response and feedback.. I don't ride woods/desert. I'm strictly a track guy.

I've had several brand's of boots over the past 20 years. Just curious to see what other mx riders wear for best overall protection and comfort. I love the Fox Instinct boots, you could beat on my shins with a sledge hammer and not hurt my leg, but they are very uncomfortable and it's hard to walk in them.

Just looking for other alternatives.. 

Thanks.

Can anyone provide some feedback on Fox Comp 5 mx boots.? 

I currently have a pair of the Fox Instinct boots, but they are "way" too stiff. Had them for over 1 year and still can't hardly walk in them. Just too stiff. 

I'm looking at the new Fox Comp 5 boots, but I'm open to other brands. Just want a boot that provides good protection, and also some degree of comfort when riding.

Thanks.

I think the Comp5s are junk. The strap keepers break if you look at them, the leather is cheap and looks like crap. There isn't really any protection, they are like Moon Boots with plastic glued to them. BTW, I ride woods, so I get my  boots wet and quite dirty.

I really like my Gaerne SG10s and I can walk in them all day. My son likes his GX1s, I don't care for them much though. I hear the new A* are pretty nice, but I don't fit in them so I can't tell. The Forma boots seem pretty nice too.

I think the Comp5s are junk. The strap keepers break if you look at them, the leather is cheap and looks like crap. There isn't really any protection, they are like Moon Boots with plastic glued to them. BTW, I ride woods, so I get my  boots wet and quite dirty.

I really like my Gaerne SG10s and I can walk in them all day. My son likes his GX1s, I don't care for them much though. I hear the new A* are pretty nice, but I don't fit in them so I can't tell. The Forma boots seem pretty nice too.

Thanks for the feedback on the comp 5's.. that's not the first time I've heard that. I've never had a pair of Gaerne SG10's, but a lot of riders/mx guys sure seem to really like them. I can certainly attest to the Fox Instinct boots being as ridged as wood/cement.. very uncomfortable. They are super durable, but comfort is sacrificed riding/walking in them.

Is the SG10's the best for adult mx riders.? I'm thinking of buying a pair.

Thanks again.

Jim

Is the SG10's the best for adult mx riders.? I'm thinking of buying a pair.

Thanks again.

Jim

I can not say if they are the best or not, but they are very nice MX boots. They also make the SG11 (new model) and SG12 (old model and new model). I don't really do MX riding, but have rode on a track. Did a 70 mile poker run one day and then a 100 mile dessert race the next and my feet where very comfortable the whole time. I walk in the boots all the time, if I'm with my kids when they are riding I don't bother to take them off, just chase the kids down with these boots on. Yes I can run in them, but they are heavy. I have toe kicked a tree stump in them at a high rate of speed and didn't feel it, but my foot flew off the peg, backwards, and up over the rear fender.....