Mikuni BRS36 OEM carb main jets...what "series"?

I tried searching on this, looking at on line stores, Thumper talk store with model specific search brought up 13 pages!  I just need to know the "series" number to order a main jet. Local shop ordered for me, but got the hex head type. Need the little  round (I know, there are 4 or 5 round types..and they all look little to me) one . 

Anybody know the main jet series number?  Tell me and I'll tell Santa to give you some new DRZ parts for Christmas!

Thanks

Thanks guys. Got me pointed in the right direction. I know it's the smaller round,  but without series or item # my local shop ordered in the wrong thing.  I need the 155 jet not stock one mickydee...but I do appreciate the input of course. 

For those interested,  the proper series # for the Mikuni BRS36 main jets is N102/221.  So a 155 would have a number N102/221-155, or similar variation.  Ordered one up from RockyMTATV for under $4.00. My local shop charged me $7.50 ea for main and pilot jets (I don't mind, want to support the small local biz where I can) but they told me they buy a 5 pack of them for $5.00! (they don't need to tell me that, 700% markup is a bit steep, even on a small item). 

Thanks guys. Got me pointed in the right direction. I know it's the smaller round, but without series or item # my local shop ordered in the wrong thing. I need the 155 jet not stock one mickydee...but I do appreciate the input of course.

For those interested, the proper series # for the Mikuni BRS36 main jets is N102/221. So a 155 would have a number N102/221-155, or similar variation. Ordered one up from RockyMTATV for under $4.00. My local shop charged me $7.50 ea for main and pilot jets (I don't mind, want to support the small local biz where I can) but they told me they buy a 5 pack of them for $5.00! (they don't need to tell me that, 700% markup is a bit steep, even on a small item).

there are actually two different series numbers for those types of main jetsImageUploadedByThumper Talk1418419031.694614.jpg

Another way to describe could be asking for the round 6mm head (which is the small size as stated above.)

This goes to show one should almost ALWAYS bring the part the want to replace into the store they're ordering from.

That's what bummed me out. I specifically took my main and pilot jets out so I could match them up. They had the pilot but had to order the main...she was holding the stock jet in her hand...and still brought in the hex head style (I could almost understand ordering the other "round" one...but hex? WTF?).

• Like 1

That's what bummed me out. I specifically took my main and pilot jets out so I could match them up. They had the pilot but had to order the main...she was holding the stock jet in her hand...and still brought in the hex head style (I could almost understand ordering the other "round" one...but hex? &%$#@!?).

Damn, what the hell? That's a finger shaking for the employee right there, lol.

That's what bummed me out. I specifically took my main and pilot jets out so I could match them up. They had the pilot but had to order the main...she was holding the stock jet in her hand...and still brought in the hex head style (I could almost understand ordering the other "round" one...but hex? &%$#@!?).

she was one number off the right one.ive seen it happen especially when someone else puts in the part numbers on the order and couldn't read the the other persons scribbles marks.
  • Like 1

I got anxious to try out the new 3x3 and newer mikuni carb that came with JD jetting kit with the 25 pilot, kientech screw, and 160 main...so slapped in the 22.5 pilot (to go with extended screw) and bolted  the carb up. I figured I would be ripping it off again, as the 160 isn't the recommended main jet for stock exhaust (with gutted end cap), and the prevailing wisdom is to use the 155 (which is on order and should be here in the next couple days). I took it out and WOT it in several gears expecting it to bog a bit due to rich condition with the 160 mj. But it pulled strong and ran super-duper (up until  this ride, I was using stock mikuni and breather snorkel still).  Wow,  love this mod...not sure I even need to put the 155 in there now. It seems to kick ass with this setup.  

P.S. extended screw out 2.25 turns.

I got anxious to try out the new 3x3 and newer mikuni carb that came with JD jetting kit with the 25 pilot, kientech screw, and 160 main...so slapped in the 22.5 pilot (to go with extended screw) and bolted the carb up. I figured I would be ripping it off again, as the 160 isn't the recommended main jet for stock exhaust (with gutted end cap), and the prevailing wisdom is to use the 155 (which is on order and should be here in the next couple days). I took it out and WOT it in several gears expecting it to bog a bit due to rich condition with the 160 mj. But it pulled strong and ran super-duper (up until this ride, I was using stock mikuni and breather snorkel still). Wow, love this mod...not sure I even need to put the 155 in there now. It seems to kick ass with this setup.

P.S. extended screw out 2.25 turns.

remove the airbox door and see if it runs better. If it does then try the 155

I can't really see it running "better" than it is, but I guess you never know unless you try, huh? I'm also comparing to snorkel and stock jetting...so I guess just about anything would seem a bit better in comparison  So the line of thought is, if the 160 is in fact a little richer than ideal, then allowing more air through to the carb via open lid would confirm it?  And if so, the 155 might still be the better ticket (and perhaps provide better fuel economy as well?).  Good idea!