Wr250f maintenance questions

I just picked up a 2009 wr250f a couple days ago. The last bike I had was a ttr 125, and other than gas, you didn't have to do anything maintenance wise except for changing the oil about twice a year. I was wondering how many hours I should change the oil at and when I should do other stuff. I know I should clean the air filter about every ride but I don't really know anything else. I will be just trail riding. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

This is what works for me. Air filter every ride, oil change 10 hrs max, oil filter every second oil change. Check valve clearances every 40 hours. At least once a year grease all swing arm and steering head bearings. twice a year pull the carb and clean it. When I know it needs an oil change it get a full plastics off bash plate off clean and carb drain.

^^^this.

I'll add, being you have bought a used bike, that you should have a competent shop do a leak down test (unless you have the tool and ability)

Check the wheel bearings, regrease them.

Check the spoke tension.

I do not find there is a need to pull and clean the carb unless you have been dumping questionably clean fuel in the bike. I will once a year or so, drain the carb into a clear glass jar (clean the tip of the drain hose first!) and remove the cap on the bottom of the carb, just to check.

Read the owners manual a hundred times. The service regime in it is overkill for most owners. But if you are bored and want to tinker, it'll guide you.