Looking for someone to ride with?

Hey everyone! Are you looking for someone to ride with, or to show you around? Well, there is a new Meetup page for Southern Arizona dirt bike riders (http://www.meetup.com/Tucson-Dirt-Bike-Trail-Riders-Meetup/) to help you find that new riding buddy or group! While it is geared towards those of us who live and ride in Southern AZ, all are welcome to join and come ride! It is brand new so please give it some time to grow. Please share this with other riders so we can get some great rides going! Join up (it's free!) and submit a ride!

Joined.... Been riding southern AZ trails since 2006. Used to help my bud give private tours for out of state clients. Pretty familiar with all trails south of Tucson down to the border between Elgin to the east and three points to the west. We are blessed for sure out here. Haven't joined any groups locally, but we repair trails, remove or mark hazards, fix gates and fences, corral livestock, and always give the right away to others, especially hikers and folks on horseback. Looking forward to sharing this great riding area with new like minded riders.

Joined.... Been riding southern AZ trails since 2006. Used to help my bud give private tours for out of state clients. Pretty familiar with all trails south of Tucson down to the border between Elgin to the east and three points to the west. We are blessed for sure out here. Haven't joined any groups locally, but we repair trails, remove or mark hazards, fix gates and fences, corral livestock, and always give the right away to others, especially hikers and folks on horseback. Looking forward to sharing this great riding area with new like minded riders.

I'm going to be in Tucson over the Xmas holiday...would love to get away from the in-laws and ride some single track...any suggestions? I have a plated Beta RS450.

Most of the riding in the tucson area is two track and open. Long single track trails (like you would find in the PNW, CO, etc) are not really down this way. But, there is plenty of technical single track areas in the Reddington Pass area and also some hit-miss single track south of Three Points heading towards and into Arivaca. Might be some out Dragoon way, but I haven't explored that Far East. We'll be riding over the holidays and if your looking for a mix batch of desert riding just PM me and let me know your tank size.

i'm joining !!  this better be legit . lol 

Totally legit! My name is Kelly. I'm one of the co-organizers. We started this group because so many people I have talked to would like to find someone to ride with yet couldn't find anyone that shared the same interests. We're hoping to change that! Well, we're also hoping for people to get to know our club, Trail Riders of Southern AZ, and it's members, and possibly join up with us to protect and expand single track riding here in Southern AZ but it isn't a requirement and we won't give you the hard sale. See you out on the trails!

Where is the northern border of southern AZ?

Ha! Well, our guys ride all over but were based in the Tucson area. We have rides all over the state including near Tucson, Phoenix, Patagonia, San Manuel, Flagstaff, etc. Some also do yearly trips to Colorado and New Mexico.

I'm going to be in Tucson over the Xmas holiday...would love to get away from the in-laws and ride some single track...any suggestions? I have a plated Beta RS450.

Come on out! I can show you my favorite local riding area, Marana, which has over 50 miles of single track trails.

Most of the riding in the tucson area is two track and open. Long single track trails (like you would find in the PNW, CO, etc) are not really down this way. But, there is plenty of technical single track areas in the Reddington Pass area and also some hit-miss single track south of Three Points heading towards and into Arivaca. Might be some out Dragoon way, but I haven't explored that Far East. We'll be riding over the holidays and if your looking for a mix batch of desert riding just PM me and let me know your tank size.

Actually, Marana has plenty of single track with over 50+ miles of it. There are also plenty of fire roads and washes out there to ride as well. I recommend bikes no larger than a 450 4T or 500 2T for the single track although some have ridden them on much larger bikes!

Edited by SS109
  • Like 1

Ahhhh, Marana.... Ridden the east, west, and south of Tucson, but not up north and I hear it's epic too. Lots of single track you say? Well, looks like we'll need to do a ride up there soon. I'll pm you when we pick a date cause we're greenhorns for those trails and could use a guide if you are available.

Has anyone ever figured out how many miles of trails surround the greater tucson area? It's got to be in the high hundreds or possibly thousands of miles. It's freaken crazy! AND, it's all good!!!

Ahhhh, Marana.... Ridden the east, west, and south of Tucson, but not up north and I hear it's epic too. Lots of single track you say? Well, looks like we'll need to do a ride up there soon. I'll pm you when we pick a date cause we're greenhorns for those trails and could use a guide if you are available.

Has anyone ever figured out how many miles of trails surround the greater tucson area? It's got to be in the high hundreds or possibly thousands of miles. It's freaken crazy! AND, it's all good!!!

Any time my man! I'm happy to show you around.

Want to here a scary fact? There is not one single mile of true legal single track in Southern AZ! The trail out at Redington is a multi-use trail, there is zero on BLM, and no official trails on state trust. However, our club's single track committee is working with the Coronado National Forest and Jeff Prince of AZ State Parks to remedy this. ?

Well i believe that because I mostly ride down south and it's all two track, fire roads, and washes via BLM, Trust, and ranch land. Reddington is ok, but the 500 is a little big for there even geared down to 12/50. Looking forward to seeing/riding some single track as it's just scarce where I've been riding. Cheers.

Got three rides coming up. One on the 24th (Marana), one on the 1st (San Manuel), and one on the 3rd (Charouleau Gap). The one for the 1st hasn't been posted yet but should be up tomorrow or Wednesday. Come on out and let's ride away that holiday stress!

http://www.meetup.com/Tucson-Dirt-Bike-Trail-Riders-Meetup/

Edited by SS109

Saw the Marana ride on meetup. Very tempting, but entertaining guests over the holiday. The 1st "might" be doable as the 500 is ready to go, although I still have a MX51 on it from the monsoon season and it's suicide on the hard pack stuff this time of year. Also prepping the 950 for MCMP with what little spare time I can find this time of year. It's in pieces in the garage. Enjoy the ride and happy holidays.

• Like 1

Saw the Marana ride on meetup. Very tempting, but entertaining guests over the holiday. The 1st "might" be doable as the 500 is ready to go, although I still have a MX51 on it from the monsoon season and it's suicide on the hard pack stuff this time of year. Also prepping the 950 for MCMP with what little spare time I can find this time of year. It's in pieces in the garage. Enjoy the ride and happy holidays.

I'm running MX51's front and rear right now (came on the bike) and the traction has been great with the rains we have been having.

Im gonna join...im always lookin for new rides and new friends to ride with....i ride trails pretty much exclusively. ...mostly redington and rail x ranch......i live in east tucson...lookin forward to new pals

Awesome! Jump in on one of the rides!

I'm running MX51's front and rear right now (came on the bike) and the traction has been great with the rains we have been !

Yup, no complaints with the 51s when traction is premium, they hook like crazy. Let the caliche dry up and they are slicks on ice and are horrible on the Tarmac. I switch to 71s for most of the year. BUT, we got some rain coming, trying to get another guy to join the San Manuel ride.