Japan's bikes are the best!

im trying to say you only started this to troll. this is the equivalent to a 2 stroke vs 4 stroke thread. and we know wheres those go

Okay? I didn't know I would have to get approval from the thread police before starting. I think it falls under topic of "thumpers" and it's a good debate such as 2 stroke vs 4 stroke. What's wrong with that? If you don't like it, simply don't post on it. Edited by min_man

Okay? I didn't know I would have to get approval from the thread police before starting. I think it falls under topic of "thumpers" and it's a good debate such as 2 stroke vs 4 stroke. What's wrong with that? If you don't like it, simply don't post on it.

Part of it is because you're new to TTalk, it takes time to develop a solid reputation before opening this bucket of worms. 

I own a KTM and Honda two smokes, and I'm here to say that both bikes are very solid.  The KTM is far easier to work on, maybe because it's 11 years newer.  When I wrecked a few months ago, my Honda frame broke off the aluminum tab near the water pump that mounts the exhaust pipe to the frame.. but that's never happened on my KTM.

Trying to stir the pot just for the heck of it won't get you much respect here..

You asked what I meant by "prove it", so I defined it for you.

What are acceptable grounds for proving anything?  Unless we agree on this question, we won't get anywhere because all the forms of "proof" that we give you will be automatically discredited in your mind based on your different concepts of proof.

Part of it is because you're new to TTalk, it takes time to develop a solid reputation before opening this bucket of worms.

I own a KTM and Honda two smokes, and I'm here to say that both bikes are very solid. The KTM is far easier to work on, maybe because it's 11 years newer. When I wrecked a few months ago, my Honda frame broke off the aluminum tab near the water pump that mounts the exhaust pipe to the frame.. but that's never happened on my KTM.

Trying to stir the pot just for the heck of it won't get you much respect here..

I am not trying to stir any pot on here. Simply trying to get a debate started. I see mostly political debates going on and got sick of it so wanted to start one about bikes. I did not know it would be such an issue. I guess we can shut it down.

I've owned 2 Yamaha's and 1 Honda Love them all. Had absolutely no issues with them. Only thing I did to them was oil, air filter and tires. Then I got a Husqvarna. That thing had some issues, and when it would break the parts were expensive and always took a long time to get in. Everyone that I talked to said stick with Japan. Easier to fix, cheaper and last longer. Maybe my opinion on European bikes isn't accurate going off me owning one bike, and the rest is what people say. But I know my experience with Japanese bikes was and is phenomenal! Just wanted to see what other people think to. Guess not. Don't have the "permission" of this public forum.

• Like 2

I am not trying to stir any pot on here. Simply trying to get a debate started. I see mostly political debates going on and got sick of it so wanted to start one about bikes. I did not know it would be such an issue. I guess we can shut it down.

I've owned 2 Yamaha's and 1 Honda Love them all. Had absolutely no issues with them. Only thing I did to them was oil, air filter and tires. Then I got a Husqvarna. That thing had some issues, and when it would break the parts were expensive and always took a long time to get in. Everyone that I talked to said stick with Japan. Easier to fix, cheaper and last longer. Maybe my opinion on European bikes isn't accurate going off me owning one bike, and the rest is what people say. But I know my experience with Japanese bikes was and is phenomenal! Just wanted to see what other people think to. Guess not. Don't have the "permission" of this public forum.

Wait wait, you have never even owned a KTM and you want to debate or comment on them and want people to take you serious? I have some oceanfront in Idaho I would like to sell you... Bwhahahahaha Edited by Monk
  • Like 5

What are acceptable grounds for proving anything? Unless we agree on this question, we won't get anywhere because all the forms of "proof" that we give you will be automatically discredited in your mind based on your different concepts of proof.

I listen to other opinions, if credible reasoning and facts are shown. (Such as you talking about you owning your KTM) That is credible because you've experienced it. I don't automatically discredit it, like you say.

I am not here to look for hard proof either. Simply want to hear other points of views on both sides of the debate. I state my experience with Japanese bikes and that's it. Can't believe it's such an issue. Forget I ever attempted to start a debate. The fact that I have to explain how I want to run the thread/debate is weird enough. This is a public forum! Forget it..

I'm not against you, trust me.  My KTM has had a few things go on that I thought were KTM's fault, like the throttle cable fraying at the top of the carburetor.  But then I thought about it a little more.  When rejetting the bike, I used to rip the carb out of the airbox without much care. I wouldn't even remove the gas tank, so I had to really yank on it. Doing that would pinch the throttle cable by pulling it in every direction, and after 3 years it began to give way.

Wait wait, you have never even owned a KTM and you want to debate or comment on them and want people to take you serious? I have some oceanfront in Idaho I would like to sell you... Bwhahahahaha

I got 3 buddies that have owned KTM's is that okay with you if I comment on their experiences with their bikes when we basically went riding together every time?? Is that okay with you? Or did I have to list off all the other machines my buddies have had for you as well? Who do you think you are mocking my credibility when you know nothing about me?!! Nothing in my thread mentioned me being a professional!! Nothing mention me being an expert!! I am relatively new to this sport so I am far from an expert on it! But that doesn't make my opinion or experience irrelevant!! And my longevity in this sport does not credit me to the type of threads I can or can't start on this PUBLIC forum.

If you don't like it, simply don't post or click on it!! Simple as that.

I got 3 buddies that have owned KTM's is that okay with you if I comment on their experiences with their bikes when we basically went riding together every time?? Is that okay with you? Or did I have to list off all the other machines my buddies have had for you as well? Who do you think you are mocking my credibility when you know nothing about me?!! Nothing in my thread mentioned me being a professional!! Nothing mention me being an expert!! I am relatively new to this sport so I am far from an expert on it! But that doesn't make my opinion or experience irrelevant!! And my longevity in this sport does not credit me to the type of threads I can or can't start on this PUBLIC forum.

Your 3 buddies dont all experience the exact same things though. Some might treat their bikes good while others treat them like crap. The only way to truly gather a opinion about something is too own one....

Imagine a bike like a girl, you guys don't all agree that everyone chick is hot, you all have your different tastes...

• Like 5

Again min_man, I'm on your side.. I'm just giving you some feedback based on my experiences. 

We've established that you have had experiences with Huskies, bad parts availability and stuff.  I can see that, I used to own a Gas Gas.  Are there performance reasons you dislike Euro bikes?  KTM has excellent parts availability and very quality components.