That supposed to look like that?

Hey guys,

'06 yz125 here, doing the shift stopper repair. Bike didn't have any trouble shifting I'm just doing some preventative maintenance. Upon taking off the clutch plates I noticed this and didn't like the look of it. The disk that holds back the basket (think thats what it is) is bent up on one side and I can't tell if it's done on purpose or not, gut says no. I'm wondering what may have caused it, I have yet to take the basket off upon finding this. Surely is strange though seeing as I had no transmission issues.

IMG_0473.JPG

IMG_0474.JPG

You may want to "snug" that ear to where it is touching the flat of the nut. It is just a retainer to keep the nut from rotating. If or when you need to remove the nut (to remove the clutch basket), just gently pry the ear away from the nut with a thin screwdriver. Replace it when you remove the nut since it gets bent back and forth thus causing it to get weaker.

• Like 2

May try resoaking your clutch plates in whatever tranny oil you are using. The plates go in a certain way (fiber-steel-fiber-steel etc check your manual). Place the throw-out bearing in next (labeled #1 in ubu's diagram). Put on the pressure plate, springs and torque the bolts in a "criss cross" fashion to your manuals specs. Put on the gasket/clutch cover and refill with oil. It should be ready to rip.