hot cam

I put decomp in mine. Hotcams didn't instruct any option of not using it. Would'nt think it would be wise to eliminate it. I did try to relax the spring a little as suggested in a post I read, to reduce flameout, which I never had prior to switching cams. Now I am experiencing flameouts at low idle, believe I just need a better map.

Edited by susco64

I've ran the stage 1 in several of my 450R's.

The stage 1 cam provides significant gains in bottom/mid range. However, combined with other engine mods such as ECU remap, exhaust, port/polish work, 13:1/13:5:1 piston, the bike will pull all the way to the limiter.  

If you install the stage 1 cam in a completely stock 450R, you will lose some top-end pull. At a minimum I suggest a remap with a stage 1 setup for optimal performance.

Can't really go wrong with the stage 1 cam. 

Good luck.

if you've got an 02, assuming the engine isn't completely worn out...put a 13.5:1 compression piston in it with the OEM 02 cam. That's a great combo. You also would make more power by dropping the main jet. The main in the 02 was too big from the factory...that is...assuming its still stock.