Honda wont start.

Its a 2004 Crf250r big bore and its been 4 months or so since I started it. Would a little hot start help? But more importantly, what could I do to make the bike start easy? Different jets, different plug, different fuel screw setting, drain the gas???? I hurt my knee and have a hard time kicking bikes nowa days. 

Edited by Racinkc1

At idle, most of the fuel travels through the pilot jet. If it has any clog, the bike will not start easily or idle.

When a bike is running, it is submerged in fuel. When shut off the rest of the carb drains out somewhat and are dry. But the fuel in float bowel (and in the pilot jet) slowly evaporates, leaving behind a residue. A pilot jet is slightly bigger than a human hair. Any cleaning often results in 'scratching the soft brass' and changing its' flow.

So.... when storing a bike, unless you can run it once a month (and keep fuel stabilizer in it) if there is fuel in the carb, you will have trouble. For the cost of a pilot jet (about $5) it is not worth spend hours trying to resolve a problem that 99% of the time is 'junk on the jet'. If you replace the jet and the problem remains, you have a spare jet to use the next time a issue similar comes up.