Ebay delima

Not sure what to do and want some input. I bid/won/paid for an item that I had been watching for a week. After I paid for the item I got a message from the seller stating he ment to put a reserve on the item and that it should have sold for more. Basically asking me to cancel the transaction. Part of me wouldn't mind doing that but another side says I won the auction and because it didn't sell for what he wanted he shouldn't be able to back out. Whats yalls input

Edited by mustangeric

Not sure what to do and want some input. I bid/won/paud for an item that I had been watching for a week. After I paid for the item I got a message from the seller stating he ment to put a reserve on the item and that it should have sold for more. Basically asking me to cancel the transaction. Part of me wouldn't mind doing that but another side says I won the auction and because it didn't sell for what he wanted he shouldn't be able to back out. Whats yalls input

I would call BS on that, file an eBay claim. If it was the other way around and you bid too much he would do the same. 

• Like 2

Yeah, good deal for you and a lesson learned for him. Hold him to it, and if he balks any more, negative feedback for him and file it with eBay. Myself, I won't bid on an auction with a reserve, no time to play hide the price games. Seller needs to put a starting bid out so everyone knows where it stands, and whether to bother with it or not.

Theres the legal side and the humane side.

Lets try to combine both to maintain harmony?

Is it a super rare item that you won for abnormally cheap?

Meaning is it something that's not very common and usually goes for much higher?

If so, I would offer a bit more. Maybe 10 to 30% more of what you won the bid at.

Yes, you're not obligated to, but just comprise to maintain harmony.

Screw him, he just wants to screw you out of more money. Any money talk in ebay messages is about as trustworthy as sending a Western Union transfer to a Nigerian princess who will send you 2 million in return.

He set the auction starting price (this should be the "reserve"!), you bid, you won, he needs to ship the damn thing. If he was worried about the price he had the whole auction time to edit the starting price/reserve or even to cancel the auction. He didn't. He's bullsh'ting you.

• Like 4

Can we ask what the item is and do you think it was a super deal? Like was mentioned above he could have cancelled the item at any time before it ended. The ball is in your court. I'm sure if he got what he wanted for it and you decided you no longer wanted it he wouldn't let you out of the deal.

• Like 1

I have run into this kind of thing a couple of times. I start out cordial and then polite but firm. If that doesn't work, file a claim with Ebay. Keep EVERY email you have with the seller and present yourself formally and politely in all of your messages, keeping in mind that an Ebay arbitrator may need to read them.

Look, this guy isn't your buddy. It's just some dude trying to sell something and he sold it.  Stick to your guns, it's an auction. Just like every other auction that has occured in the last 300 or so years, sometimes stuff goes for cheap and the seller isn't happy. Too bad but he entered an agreement to sell for the high bid and it's sold.

One other thing to know, Ebay can't MAKE this guy send the stuff to you. The most they can do is refund your money and give him a black mark on his record. Basically a slap on the wrist.

I'd say stay polite, and do what you feel is right. If you want to agree on a higher price then do that, but if you want to pursue getting the item at the price you won it for then there is nothing wrong with that also. When you decide what you want to do however stick to that, and don't change your plans. 

• Like 4

Yeah playing around with the games people play on ebay is something you should not do at all. I have zero  tolerance for it. Every seller and buyer has responsibilities. If the seller can't get their listing correct and as they want it when they put the item up for sale they shouldn't be using ebay in the first place. I used to have a much more forgiving attitude when I first started using Ebay, but after a while it becomes a complete waste of time and frustration trying to deal with what should be a non issue purchase. There are just too many people out there trying to work you over, don't doubt it!

Bottom line, they listed with their terms, and you paid, therefore you should get your item end of story. Good ebay experiences and people met through there make the buying part effortless and as easy as possible as it should be.

Edited by Metal and Dirt
  • Like 1

What brand 85 wheels are you looking for? I have some for rms and well as yz. I can hook it up since you had a bad deal. Just pm me if you'd like. But others have stated there's bad folks on ebay who won't own up to there word like your situation, but there's also folks who "win" or buy it now parts from me and never intend to pay.

What brand 85 wheels are you looking for? I have some for rms and well as yz. I can hook it up since you had a bad deal. Just pm me if you'd like. But others have stated there's bad folks on ebay who won't own up to there word like your situation, but there's also folks who "win" or buy it now parts from me and never intend to pay.

Thanks but they were for a cr85