Technical Trails in Michigan

I'm looking to find some different trails in or around Michigan that will challenge me. I like to ride Holton trail and Horseshoe lake trail quite often witch are both are pretty technical, but I am looking for a change of scenery.

Looking for anything that is a little out of the ordinary for Michigan (Ordinary being sandy, whooped, flat, wide trails).

Any suggestions?

I'm looking to find some different trails in or around Michigan that will challenge me. I like to ride Holton trail and Horseshoe lake trail quite often witch are both are pretty technical, but I am looking for a change of scenery.

Looking for anything that is a little out of the ordinary for Michigan (Ordinary being sandy, whooped, flat, wide trails).

Any suggestions?

Try Long Lake trail. Another favorite of of mine is the Caberfae connector that runs into the MCCT Trail, it is tight with a lot of elevation changes. Ride that South to Lincoln hills.

The Little O has a lot hills too but not as tight.

I like Lincoln hills too. They all will have some sand and plenty of whoops.

Dennis

Try Long Lake trail. Another favorite of of mine is the Caberfae connector that runs into the MCCT Trail, it is tight with a lot of elevation changes. Ride that South to Lincoln hills.

The Little O has a lot hills too but not as tight.

I like Lincoln hills too. They all will have some sand and plenty of whoops.

Dennis

I'll have to check those out, thanks!

Most of the best "technical" riding in the state is on mccct sections.  Especially the sections that don't overlap any other trail or route.  Often times these sections aren't ridden nearly as much as the main marked trail in the area.

Little O is not technical at all, lol. It is a 50" quad trail that is a lot of sand and some big berms that are fun for a little bit...but not technical whatsoever. Lincoln Hills is decent though. I would go to Evart which is not far from those trails, and a little bit east of Baldwin, MI...probably the most technical in that area.  Little O is pretty similar to one of the Muskegon area trails...forget which one is which though....whichever one is wide and buncha sand.

Haven't made it up to Tomahawk though, which isn't far from the bridge. But I believe one of those is (A loop or B loop) is a pretty good trail from what I hear. Also, a buddy of mine has a place up in Frederic....we rode up there once, they are a lil wider then pure single track in a lot of areas but they are fun.

My favorite technical rides are all on MCCCT.  As stated earlier, they aren't ridden as often and stay very narrow.  In some cases the level of technical difficulty depends more on how many trees have fallen across the trail recently.  Although difficult, those rides were definitely the most fun.  I've ridden the majority of the MCCCT - if you pick a section of trail that is MCCCT/Motorcycle only, I think you'll find your technical riding.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Tomahawk Trail near Wolverine, MI. Super technical and tight and barely ridden. I ride there at least two weekends a month and barely ever pass anyone. Fun hill climbs and rocky downhills will definitely keep you on your toes

Feelin like I am going to start going the extra mile(s) to make it up there. Whoops around baldwin gettin a bit old, not sure if tomahawk is whooped out too? Figured id go up there to find out at least.

Also, anyone rode Evart yet this year...just wondered how that was lookin. May go Sat.

• Like 1

I try to do at least 2-4 out of state trips a yr. well worth the drive and ts a no brainer to head out of state. Don't get me wrong, I love riding here, but if you want technical you have to head out of state as Michigan has zero technical trails, even though people will try to tell we do, the fact is we don't and once you get on a real technical trail you understand what I'm talking about

• Like 1