Xr250 Big Bore and Carb options

Hi Guys,

Whats the simpliest/easiest/cheapest way of supplying enough fuel to a 280 cc (up from 250 cc) big bore? rebuild the stock carb or source another more capable carb? if the answer is to get another carb are they normally bolt one or there is a bit of modification required to get it all the work together?

Edited by raheen

Cool stock carb it is, what sort of jetting would be idea for a 280 big bore should I have the carb rebuilt? I have an xr's only larger exhaust header pipe to go on also, need to source a muffler to suit an xr250 and the large diameter of the header pipes

big tube header does wonders for the 280-300.As far as 34mm carb,our 280s work perfect for slow hard trails,but the work needed.Every part in carb changed,grinded,drilled.The stock carb does hold it back.Stock works fine What BR said is true on jets for big bore.If your stock carb is already jetted for header/hi flow muffler,open airbox.Then after big bore may need go down 1-2 sizes on Main jet.Sorry I cant help you on jets for stock carb/280.Im sure someone here knows.BTR