Seat bolt broke!

I have a 2010 KTM 400 XC-W.  The single bolt that holds the seat on - I think it is a 9mm bolt head with an Allen head socket in the middle - broke when I was removing it.  One side of the bolt head just broke away, so I can't use either a socket or an Allen wrench to remove it.  I tried drilling it and using an EZ Out, but it didn't work.  The dealer refuses to do the job because "it might mess up something else".  Nice, huh.

Anyway, does anyone know of another way to get that bolt out of there or removing the seat so I can get at it?  I thought about a big crowbar to pry the seat off, but decided that might be just a little too crude, not to mention destructive!  🙄

Any assistance appreciated!

I had the bolt seize in the seat & stripped the head. Ended up using a drill to remove the head so that I could remove the seat. Using vice grips I was then able to remove the remaining bolt shank. Drilling the head was made easy by having the Torx hole in the centre.

Hope that helps.

I have a 2010 KTM 400 XC-W.  The single bolt that holds the seat on - I think it is a 9mm bolt head with an Allen head socket in the middle - broke when I was removing it.  

Anyway, does anyone know of another way to get that bolt out of there or removing the seat so I can get at it?  I thought about a big crowbar to pry the seat off, but decided that might be just a little too crude, not to mention destructive! 

Any assistance appreciated!

First of all it should be a 8 mm socket head with a Star Head in the middle.  Using the proper tools is a start.  Most likely the bolt was crossed threaded when the last time it was tighten.  You can either drill it out or try using an Easy Out to remove the bolt.  In any event you must replace the bolt and either replace the Female Insert or tap a larger size thread in the existing one.  Try to stay with metric sizes.

First of all it should be a 8 mm socket head with a Star Head in the middle.  Using the proper tools is a start.  Most likely the bolt was crossed threaded when the last time it was tighten.  You can either drill it out or try using an Easy Out to remove the bolt.  In any event you must replace the bolt and either replace the Female Insert or tap a larger size thread in the existing one.  Try to stay with metric sizes.

The dealer was the last one to have the seat off.  I had the proper socket (the one in the toolkit) and it was on so tight that I was giving it about all I had to get it loose.  When it finally broke free, I thought I'd managed to get it off, but what happened was one side of the socket broke off the bolt head.  I just went down and bought an E-Z Out and will give that a shot.  If that doesn't work, a Dremel tool with a grinder tip should take away the rest of the head so I can pull the seat off.  

DRbillZ....It had never occurred to me to put some duct tape over the bolt to keep all the crap out of it....thanks.