New in Oak Harbor

Hey guys I'm new to the forum. Originally from minnesota and started riding in the western wa area last spring and have been enjoying it so far. Been more and more interested in tracks, but they seem to be few and far between in this area. Also finding open practice days has been an issue were trying to figure out for the spring! Suggestions or advice would be appreciated!

Hey guys I'm new to the forum. Originally from minnesota and started riding in the western wa area last spring and have been enjoying it so far. Been more and more interested in tracks, but they seem to be few and far between in this area. Also finding open practice days has been an issue were trying to figure out for the spring! Suggestions or advice would be appreciated!

Where in Minnesota are you from? I am from International Falls.  I retired out of the Navy and live in Oak Harbor as well but don't do much track riding.  I do the majority of my riding at Walker Valley.  Have you checked out Ross's track in Oak Harbor?  I think about the only thing open trackwise this time of year is Straddleline ORV, but it is about a 3 hour trek from Oak Harbor.  It is well maintained and there is decent camping there if you wanted to make a weekend out of it. It also connects to Capitol Forest, but bring your GPS if you ride there as a lot of people get lost in Capitol. 

I'm from the willmar/ Spicer area. And yes I have been out to Ross' quite a few times, he's a good guy and a little out there! Straddleline seems like a good weekend trip for us definitely. Walker is always a good time, I have an older gas gas that I use to beat up out there so I can keep my RMZ track worthy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm from the willmar/ Spicer area. And yes I have been out to Ross' quite a few times, he's a good guy and a little out there! Straddleline seems like a good weekend trip for us definitely. Walker is always a good time, I have an older gas gas that I use to beat up out there so I can keep my RMZ track worthy 

I live in Oak Harbor too. Ross's track is about all you are going to get this time of year. As for Straddleline (nice facility) they will have the Mudslingers races going on the name tells you everything. Monroe has AX practice on Fridays and races on Saturdays. Horn rapids is a really good track and they are open most of the year. It is about 4-5 hours away from Oak Harbor.