Free ride area in Norcal?

Foresthill, Georgetown, Gold Note, Chalk Bluff, Burlington Ridge, Elkins Flat, Indian Valley, Prosser Hill and Little Truckee Summit, If you park outside a campground Stonyford is free, etc.

It would be easier to list OHV areas that CHARGE a fee.  ? 

Edited by superslyko

if you park in a camp sit or at Davis flat at stony you will get a ticket , my friend ralph got a ticket parking at digger pinesj..., in the middle of July on a Wednesday , the bathroom cleaner miss page wrote him a ticket, he took it to court and to fight it, after the second court appearance she didn't show up..

Or you pay $5 to park in a campsite and no ticket...............

Until recently, the riding, camping, garbage, and bathrooms were free at Stony. Then the Feds cut funding to the FS so the FS had to find another revenue stream to maintain the staffing and maintenance of their respective areas, hence the $5 per vehicle charge in campsites. The money generated stays at the local headquarters to be used in their respective jurisdictions to maintain trails, barriers, water systems, signage and whatever. Cheap price to pay for all day entertainment, heck a lift ticket at Squaw Valley is over $100 now.....

• Like 2

Until recently, the riding, camping, garbage, and bathrooms were free at Stony. Then the Feds cut funding to the FS so the FS had to find another revenue stream to maintain the staffing and maintenance of their respective areas, hence the $5 per vehicle charge in campsites. The money generated stays at the local headquarters to be used in their respective jurisdictions to maintain trails, barriers, water systems, signage and whatever. Cheap price to pay for all day entertainment, heck a lift ticket at Squaw Valley is over $100 now.....

Cost more to park where I live now!!!

Can't believe what people bitch about these days...

• Like 3

the $$$ stony ford invested into the water system is big, $5 aint shitz , MacKerricher state park in fort brag is $35 per night for camping, I bet the garbage is dame expensive at stony also

I haven't seen the homeless camping at stony ford any more, there used to be some creepy people living there, im shure they will run me off if I extend my 2 week stay

• Like 1

I think he means an area where you can ride anywhere you want: not just on designated trails.

That's exactly what he means, he just wants to ride on every square inch. Sure come on up but your going to bounce off some oak that is more dense then a bowling ball or you can test ride some 4 foot diameter pines at the base. By the way we have far greater elevation changes.

It's not like Spangler here at all