sister needs new bike help!

so i live in Washington state and ride technical stuff and lots of fast and open and my sister needs a new bike she is riding a Honda xr400 my last bike 👎 she is 5.2 feet tall and weighs 113lbs she is a Good rider but the bike she has now wears her out and and holds her back from being a better rider it is way to heavy! her last bike was a crf150r and she loved it but she wants a faster bike! i ride a 91 cr250 and i was thinking of a newer yz/cr125 or a crf250r she is not looking to spend more than 3,000$ i don't wanna have to buy a lot of bikes so i want to see what you guys think :ride:

1285.jpeg

Edited by zackry250

At 5'2" any 250f will be tall for her. A 250 2t will have comparable power to your 450. I would go with a 250 4t something like a crf250x. Have been doing a little research in the same area as my daughter will be making the jump in a year or so.

Find a gasgas from 2009 and earlier to 2000 or so.. the prices are low. the seat height is low. There's parts for it. ..and the bike is awesome for technical and offroad. You can find them cheap as they are great bikes but have horrible resale.. They are awesome bikes to pick up used for a song yet are relatively low seat height and lug everywhere and can still rip on top too...great trail bikes!!! You can find some awesome deals on them.. lots of parts cross over. a 200 .250 or 300 would all be good. great powerband. 

Here this is even better..  These are in demand because gasgas doesn't make them anymore. It's the trials motor in an enduro frame and the seat height is super low.  Guys get these for their girlfriends and shorter guys get them for the hardcore trails.. I'm amazed that these are available.. when these come up locally they usually go fast. pamperas are the ultimate low seat height trail bike. ..frames etc aren't as strong as enduro bikes though but maybe the same as the trials bikes..but your sister is 5'2" and light so she wont be flying supercross jumps and punishing the bike anyway. It's the early equivalent to the newer ossa explorer but lower seat height. This bike looks like it's in great shape.. If I were your sister I'd go snap this up in a second.. if it runs as good as it looks at least..but change the front tire at least...This thing may even be street legal!!!  all for around 2k..  It's about half the weight of the xr400 if id take a guess and way lower seat height than anything else out there. I guess you might put a google search on it and..or check out gasgasriders  . They have more newer enduro stuff but they should have some info on these too. I think the last year they made this was around 2006 but that's just a guess.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/4803421722.html

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

thanks for replying so soon ill definitely be looking into gasgas bike thanks!

Dude, snap up that Pampara. You don't see them often and that one is mint for cheap. Nothing compares except maybe the new Beta X Trainer coming out in March for $8K.

I have had the GasGas EC300 and it's a great bike. Hawaiidirtrider is an expert on this stuff.

Wow that Pampara looks pretty damn cool. 216 lbs wet! How can you beat that. If the warden wasn't keeping an eye on me I would buy that thing to have around. I would love to loose 50 lbs off of my bike. Well I would also love to loose 50 lbs off my ass as well but that is a different story.

Curious, did you call on that Pampara?