*HONEST OPINIONS* 2015 honda SFF AIR TAC

I am building a race 2015 crf250r with the sff air tac forks and I am debating trying to sell them as brand new and buy spring forks or actually use them. Basically I want your guys opinions on these forks. Are they even worth playing with or should I ditch them for spring forks? I've heard many mixed reviews on them. Some people love them some people have binding issues and hate them.

Marcus I do a fair amount of work with people with sff, they work well after there done, keep up on the bushes regular. The sff air in std form IMHO will bottom and ride low in Stoke with higher neg presure. I spent cpl of hrs last week on rmz, to figure what changes I'm gona make, we ended up 15psi less neg than presure. Seamed to help the fork from diving,

Have u rode the bike yet. If not u need to see how the bike feels, I think ul be fine, and just a few mods to the valving may be fine. U may be worrying to soon, I'd be more worried about those ktms going buy u. Lol only joking.

• Like 1

well, i have a new bike with these SFF-airs TAC and ive not ridden them yet so i might end up eating my words, LOL

but why is everyone freaking out about them??? they do feel a little tight, but they are new.  Where is all the stiction gonna come from???  one of the forks is essentially the same as a SFF spring fork, and then the air side only has a very low pressure acting against the fork seal.

On the PC video, the guy noted that since its separate function, there is no heat build up on then air side of the fork and pressure shouldn't move much.  Plus, since the main inner chamber is isolated, it wont sweep in or loose pressure from the fork seal.

i see the people complaining about these forks don't actually own them!  Then consider, the few that have them and cant tune them and want to run out and do an expensive spring conversion....its not like any other OEM fork came setup wrong or owners couldn't tune them.

the 2-stroke nut jobs make me laugh, they constantly say the 2-stroke is simpler, lighter, less moving parts etc. well, compared the the twin chamber showas on my last 4 bikes, the SFF-airs are lighter, simpler construction, less moving parts etc etc.......oh the irony.

Showa sfff air fork is really good desing. Of course it is new and many people don't understand how it works or how to adjust it properly. You really have to take your time to test different pressure combinations till you make any shim changes. Honda 250crf fork has only inner and balance pressures but that makes things more simple, just make those pressures work in harmony and then you can try oil level changes or shim stack modifications if it is necessary.