5x8 big enough?

Hey guys I'm interested in getting an enclosed trailer for my dirt bike... I have a little brother with a bike also. I was wondering if a 5 by 8 enclosed trailer is big enough for 2 or maybe even 3 bikes and maybe some gear and tools.

Any input is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Blaise

Hey guys I'm interested in getting an enclosed trailer for my dirt bike... I have a little brother with a bike also. I was wondering if a 5 by 8 enclosed trailer is big enough for 2 or maybe even 3 bikes and maybe some gear and tools.

Any input is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Blaise

3 full size would be tuff. At 5' wide you will have to off set bike so bars don't bang together and will take up almost 7' in length with wheel chock in place. I have a 6 x 12 tandem axle currently that I can haul 3 full size easily but can add a 4th tucked in across back if needed. I would at least get get 6' wide

Yes it can be done in a 5x8. We did it for a few years, it is a pain in the butt. If one goes in forward and the other backwards two bikes is fine, three can be done if you stack them just right LOL.

If its about money go 5x8 but a 7x14 will serve you better in the long run.

118_0578.JPG

Edited by slideleft

Yes it can be done in a 5x8. We did it for a few years, it is a pain in the butt. If one goes in forward and the other backwards two bikes is fine, three can be done if you stack them just right LOL.

If its about money go 5x8 but a 7x14 will serve you better in the long run.

This. And have much better resale value. Hard to find but a 7x12 is a great size also. The extra room in the V is very nice. Just be sure it is enough of a V to be useful, many are so shallow as to be worthless.

I am in the same market for as small of an enclosed trailer that I can put bikes and some gear in. According to my buddy that sells trailers the 5x8 is really difficult for 2 bikes but the 5x10 allows you to stagger them and they load pretty easy. Not much more weight or expense vs the 5x8. I am going to get a 5x10 with a 5 foot ceiling. I want as little weight and as small a profile as I can get away with.

The thing I do miss about it is I had the same gas milage with the smaller one,now my 7/14 sucks some more gas.I went out for a quick run more often with the smaller trailer. The larger one is a bit more of a pain to pack up and run. I will get another small one just for local Rip's and ice racing.

• 2 weeks later...

i use a harbor freight 5x8 folding trailer. (bought it when I had no space thinking it would be a space saver. I moved right after and ive never folded it lol)

I know its not enclosed but I can easily fit my yz250 and a kx100 on it. EASILY... Im pretty sure i can put 3 bikes squeezed on.