FIM Reaches Conclusion On James Stewart Case

He broke the rules, didn't get his waiver like he was supposed to, claiming ignorance is no excuse.

He is currently ineligible to race will not start on Jan 3rd.

CHINO, CA (December 16, 2014) – Yoshimura Suzuki Racing is reporting that James Stewart has received notification from the FIM with a penalty regarding his anti-doping violation. The news came eight months to the day from the test at this years’ Seattle Supercross event where he tested positive for amphetamines from his prescribed Adderall. The ruling lays out a punishment that severely affects the entire 2015 season for James and the Yoshimura Suzuki team.

Suzuki Motor of America and Yoshimura Racing will continue their unwavering support for Stewart during this difficult period and like all the fans hope to see him line up at the gate as soon as his ineligibility is lifted.

“I’m extremely disappointed to say the least,” said Stewart. “We plan to appeal as I personally feel that the punishment far outweighs the situation; especially since I received both WADA and USADA approvals that prove I’m not cheating. I’m bummed for everyone involved: my family, my team, my sponsors, the promoters and most of all the fans. Unfortunately, I’ve had to be very quiet in regards to this situation but I’ll be telling the full story in the next couple weeks so everyone can understand what we’ve been going through. Thank you all for your continued support.”

Yoshimura Suzuki Racing’s James Stewart has announced plans to be at the season-opening round of the 2015 AMA Supercross Championships on Saturday, January 3 at Angel Stadium in Anaheim to support his team, teammate, sponsors and fans.

• Like 3

Good to hear that they parked him for a while. You cannot use a banned substance and then ask for a waiver AFTER you get caught. I don't understand why that concept is so hard for some folks to understand. It's not shades of grey... it's cut and dried, black and white. He was breaking the rules and got popped.  

• Like 8

Still doesn't say the penalty. Just that there is one. Lame.

James knows the penalty.  There is this thing called confidentiality.  The athlete is notified first.  We will know soon enough.

WADA has a long history of busting people for speed.  No matter what the circumstances, the penalty has never been less than 12 months.  Why should we expect them to cut a special deal for the star of a piss ant sport run by a circus promoter?  WADA has to follow their own rules and standards. 

IT sucks, but the one to blame is James.  The sad part is his use was legitimate.  If it were not, he would not have been granted a TUE, even if after the fact. The WADA TUE process is very strict.  You dont get a TUE unless a panel of physicians and medical professionals agree that the prescribed med is medically necessary.  Pure ignorance and irresponsibility on the part of James (and FELD to some extent for not making certain that their key stars understood the rules).

Edited by Blutarsky
  • Like 3

Good to hear that they parked him for a while. You cannot use a banned substance and then ask for a waiver AFTER you get caught. I don't understand why that concept is so hard for some folks to understand. It's not shades of grey... it's cut and dried, black and white. He was breaking the rules and got popped.  

It's only Stewart fans that find this hard to understand. Most moto fans can see things pretty clearly. He got caught, and is now paying the price. After A1 the talk and focus will have shifted to the racing. But  until then, you can expect Stewart fans to tard out hard from this. lol 

Edited by Racer_ex
  • Like 1

Yep, he is to blame.    All the other riders followed the rules and procedures.

That begin said, I want him to race because I think its better with him there.  I wonder what the penalty will be.  Who is in-charge of handing out the penalty?     I hope they let him race... maybe they should dock him points and make his testing mandatory after each round or something.  But... let the guy race.   What's the harm, he's entertaining and he won't win the title anyway.

• Like 1

It's only Stewart fans that find this hard to understand. Most moto fans can see things pretty clearly. He got caught, and is now paying the price. After A1 the talk and focus will have shifted to the racing. But  until then, you can expect Stewart fans to tard out hard from this. lol 

cuz rules is what matters :bonk:

1st, I'm not a big Stewart fan, but I acknowledge his skills and accomplishments. The spirit and intent of the rule was not broken. The protocol and strict adherence to it is retarded.

• Like 3

The question isn't whether or not he did wrong. The question has been whether or not it was intentional, or whether or not his use of the medication was justified. You would think by now you haters could have at least learned how to read.