Removing Front Wheel While Bike is on Stand

Probably a dumb question but how do you guys get your bike to balance on the stand to remove the front wheel? On my bike (CR125) the front wheel rests on the ground and the rear wheel is in the air while on the stand. How do you guys get it so the bike sits on the stand with the front wheel in the air so I can work on it?

I tried wedging a book and other things under the case to raise the front wheel off the ground but the bike just wants to slide off the stand. 

Thanks,

Aaron

You probably have a cheap stand that is short people with both wheels off the ground have higher stands. My 125 is on a cheap stand and the front wheel is on the ground. My 450 is on a motoconcepts stand and both wheels are off the ground. It all has to do with stand height

You probably have a cheap stand that is short people with both wheels off the ground have higher stands. My 125 is on a cheap stand and the front wheel is on the ground. My 450 is on a motoconcepts stand and both wheels are off the ground. It all has to do with stand height

There's a huge difference between cheap stands and quality stands. I prefer lift stands so in not heaving the bike manually. You get what you pay for!!