New to me 2014 Crf150r expert

So I just picked this little bike up for my girlfriend the other night for $2500 which I think is a crazy good deal. Bike looks and runs like bran new. She has been riding a Ttr for the last year and wanted a little more power and capability. We ride trail in the summer and track every now and then.

I got about ten minutes on it last night and wow this thing runs!

Now for a few Q's

Where can I find a kick stand for it?

She will never touch the rev limiter so how often are you guys checking valves?

So I just picked this little bike up for my girlfriend the other night for $2500 which I think is a crazy good deal. Bike looks and runs like bran new. She has been riding a Ttr for the last year and wanted a little more power and capability. We ride trail in the summer and track every now and then.

I got about ten minutes on it last night and wow this thing runs!

Now for a few Q's

Where can I find a kick stand for it?

Congratulations, great deal!

I recommend the Trail Tech (or MS, same product). This review will give you an idea of why:

https://thumpertalk.com/topic/830148-kickstand-review-for-crf150rb/

My TT stand went on in minutes, has just the right lean angle, doesn't rub anything, and is out of the way when riding. That's all you can ask for.

I like Socalxr's idea to fab a mount for a '90s KX100 stand though, if you are OK with welding. This is what it looks like folded (on a KX).

1997 KX100 sidstand.jpg

Edited by Old Plonker

Congratulations, great deal!

I recommend the Trail Tech (or MS, same product). This review will give you an idea of why:

https://thumpertalk.com/topic/830148-kickstand-review-for-crf150rb/

My TT stand went on in minutes, has just the right lean angle, doesn't rub anything, and is out of the way when riding. That's all you can ask for. I like Socalxr's idea to fab a mount for a '90s KX100 stand though, if you are OK with welding.

Thank you, yeah I couldn't pass it up. Drove all night to get it. The guys son had Down syndrome so he went out and bought him a new bike every year. He had all maintenance records from a local shop.

• Like 1

Thank you, yeah I couldn't pass it up. Drove all night to get it. The guys son had Down syndrome so he went out and bought him a new bike every year. He had all maintenance records from a local shop.

Sorry I can't help you with the valve check intervals as my bike has Ti valves and BeCu seats and never seems to go out of spec.

My 12 year old daughter has over 150 hours on her 150R. Her bike always starts 1st or 2nd kick. She rides single track and in the desert. I have never had to adjust the valves. 🙂 She weighs 80 lbs, doesn't ride her bike very hard and she doesn't bump the rev limiter. I guess what i'm saying is it depend on the Rider.

When the bike is hard to start, that is a good indicator your valves need to be adjusted.