11 350 sxf de-tuning

I have read quite a few threads about the cheaper handlebar mounted map switches. Except just about everyone is looking for more power. Im looking for less. My father just bought the bike at a steal. However he is to old for a powerhouse like this. He just celebrated his 78th birthday. He gets around on the bike ....ok, but with the FI its to crisp and punchy. I was hoping the switch would take a noticeable amount of snap out of it. I dropped the rear sprocket down to a 47T and it helped a tiny bit. Cant seem to locate a half turn throttle (if they even make one for this bike). Anyone have input on the mild setting? or info on elongating the throttle turn? The throttle is a few degrees under 90. Making it a light switch. If the throw can be longer, it would definitely make things more manageable and fun for him.

Please don't reply with, "get a 250". I have tried talking sense. It doesn't work. Have you ever tried talking to a 78 yr/old who has a .40 special glued to his hip about whats best for him?   

Any input on making this bike softer would be great an I would appreciate it tremendously.