2005 KX125 Part Shopping Time, What Bolt On Items Would You Buy?

Hi. I am planning on racing my 2005 KX125 in MX next year. I have purchased a few things to put on it. Just in case I have forgotten some item or do not know of an option, what would YOU buy if YOU were going to race a KX125 in MX?

Also, at this point in time, I am not going to get it ported and head work done.

Thanks for any suggestions.

as others have said...suspension, without that set up for your ability/weight your going to be mid pack or worse.

from there its getting a pipe that tunes the engine for what you want, as in low/mid or top end.

if your racing in one area the carb should be good as it is, if you travel get a jet kit so you can tune the bike to different area's, or a lectron.

upgrade the foot pegs to good aftermarket ones, i use a set of fastway and the extra foot contact area is great.

unbreakable levers.

a few sets of handle bars, chances are your going to crash, having a few sets means you can keep racing.

Edited by Excitable

Thanks, guys.  I do hope to work on the suspension before the season starts. I have the KYB parts to rebuild the shock, plus springs for my weight, front and rear.

I raced it one time last year before a crash pretty much ruined the season.   I bought some stuff for it since then. I have some freshen up items...chain, sprockets, pipe, silencer, 2 filters, new reeds, piston, handlebars, throttle sleeve, grips, clutch cable, glide plate, plus bling or less useful items. I do have new sets of Bridgestone intermediate-soft and intermediate tires, plus new tubes and spare wheelsets. I am curious if I am missing something.

NO ONE said graphics or a 2015 front fender and numberplate!  This is a historic post!  🙂

Thanks again.

I raced mx on my 04 I had a pc pipe on it and the v3 reed block. It was a pretty good bike but the stock suspension setup is confused forks will beat you up over braking bumps. I put one of the billed pro circuit shock linkages on that helped a little but not enough.

Now compared to with when I went from the kx to my 06 yz125. The kx suspension flaws really stood out and so does the fact it signed off sooner on the top end. Before I sold the kx my orginal plan was suspension work was an absolute must and motor work was seriously thinking 144 it with a athena top end and having it done by like gorr. I was going to buy a 05 kx250 2t to match it if I would of kept the 125 would have seriously swapped the bladder fork for the twin chamber forks from the 250 or maybe even the showas off the 250f.