Burning Anti-Freeze/Oil + leak?

I do not have a gasket on my exhaust manifold, it is just bolted down.

I have oil/antifreeze leaking either from the valve cover gasket, or the exhaust manifold, or both.

It looks like oil, there's dark oil spots dripping and it also looks watery. It's burning off the bottom of the exhaust manifold making white smoke. The exhaust is also burning white smoke the more it warms up it seems. (Only let it run for about 30 seconds).

I feel I have a huge problem on my hands... This is a used engine I purchased off eBay.

What do you think it could be? Piston rings? Head gasket?

+ It does not smell like sulfur/eggs but I'm not used to dirt bike coolant so I'm not sure if the smell is similar to a cars.

Edited by yzS50f

I had that exact same problem on my 2003 WR450F last year after it had put a new OEM piston and rings in it and I used new OEM gaskets and all bolts torqued to spec. I added all the fluids after the rebuild a nod drove to my riding buddy's place a couple times when I noticed a little bit of oil up in the same spot you described. I added some oil and drove it one more time to his place and back home until I checked my radiator fluid and noticed it was gone. It got out the exhaust the same way as yours did and I took the motor out and I am starting over again only with Tusk brand gaskets this time. I looked very closely at my head to see if it was warped on flat glass, you will want to check that. The book only says to torque the bolts to spec once and not after a couple heat cycles, which I would think would make sense but I confirmed all of this last year with SUnruh and he also said it is not necessary to re-torque the head bolts. He also told me that he uses the Tusk gaskets, that is why I bought those on this second assembly of the motor. Now, like I have posted before, I have been so busy working on other things around the house and yard and I have other bikes that I can ride, thus my motor has not been completed and still sits on the bench and my WR250F is still not completed either. My 2002 YZ250 just acted-up on me now with some weird-ass idling/carb issues or something so now I have three bikes down at the moment and so my YZ125 is my only bike to ride. I have to admit that I need to get off my rear and finish these projects. Anyways, as far as your bike, check the head to see if it has warped and replace the gaskets and torque those bolts to spec and see what happens. Once I get off my butt and finish my bikes, I will post my results. Good-luck to you and I hope all ends well for you with the remaining of this year!

I can't see where you are leaking from in your pictures, everything is pretty clean there. Mine was leaking oil at the upper gasket directly below the exhaust. At first I thought mine was leaking at the exhaust but under a closer look it was for sure at the gasket just below it. I don't have any pictures of it.

I have not put mine together yet but I am going to torque it to spec again, I don't know what foot pounds it is at the moment, I don't have my info to look at right now but you are correct about the head gasket being metal. I will be installing the Tusk brand on mine this time. I sure hope to see that you will have good results with assembling your motor and that you won't have to go through what I went through. I like to see smiles, not frowns.

I forgot to mention that I was thinking about smearing a thin layer of that Permatex high-temp silicone on both sides of the gasket but it says on the back that it should not be used as a head gasket or anywhere that comes into contact with gasoline. I was thinking that if I use a super small amount on both sides of the gasket, so small that it wouldn't even squish out of the sides of the head, inside or out, just enough to help seal the metal gasket to the bottom and top, it should not be a problem, just as long as I'm using it sparingly and not as a gasket itself. Can anybody chime in on this idea, please?