12 v Power outlet

I use this system from Battery Tender which connects to the battery, is fused, and much more compact.  It's basically a trailer/automotive connector and they come in different lengths.

I also have a socket adapter which plugs into the battery tender plug if I need to adapt .

http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender-Quick-Disconnect-Harness/dp/B003Y8PNWK/ref=pd_sim_auto_22?ie=UTF8&refRID=1F78PBFH46VQRSBZE559

Cut these in half and solder to your accessories.  Solder one to your trickle charger:

http://www.amazon.com/Hopkins-47965-2-Pole-Flat-Extension/dp/B0002Q80RW/ref=pd_sim_auto_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1AT2JBB40CKQ1CFCQGKH

Thanks guys, but I don't have a battery here in OZ we have an AC circuit for the headlight and a DC circuit for the sensitive stuff horn, indicators ect. What I was thinking was talking power from the horn feed, running an in line fuse before a capacitor then running power to a cigarette lighter socket from there. Would this setup work?

Thanks guys, but I don't have a battery here in OZ we have an AC circuit for the headlight and a DC circuit for the sensitive stuff horn, indicators ect. What I was thinking was talking power from the horn feed, running an in line fuse before a capacitor then running power to a cigarette lighter socket from there. Would this setup work?

You already have a capacitor built in your regulator/rectifier unit by the headlight.  I tapped into the wires from the R/R unit to run my HID light and later a GPS unit and some LED lights.  Due to snow I have not been able to ride the bike, but in testing all was fine.  

So, yes you can tap into the DC circuit on your bike and run it to a lighter socket, but you wont get perfectly stable voltage, the voltage will vary and perhaps have some spikes.  So it depends on the tolerance of your electrical devices if they work right or not, or even get damaged.  I did run my GPS for years on my snowmobile with a similar setup without problems. Many electrical devices can take different voltages, you should get that info from the spec sheets.