Linkage question.

Hey guys, 

I'm looking at picking up a 2009 XC-f and noticed that the rear shock is connected directly to the swingarm.  Is there a distinct disadvantage to not having it connected to/by linkage?  I'm fairly new to motocross but would be using it for a primarily xc races with some mx thrown in there.

Thanks

The no link setup is called pds, progressive dampening system.

Ktm started using it in 98. Its still ised today on the xcw and exc.

Its good in the woods, maybe not so well for full blown mx.

I have both kinds on ktms. Id say for me the pds bike always had trouble in whoops. But i like it how its set up currently.

• Like 1

the pds takes a little more effort to setup , if you get the bike learn as much as you can about setting up the shock. it will do fine for everything for most level riders . but the setup will change between off road and mx to work its best. i also have both suspensions on ktm's ,on a mx track my pds works well with off road settings , but a big but , i have to time everything perfectly . now for mx to work best with my pds , i add some pre'load to the spring , back out the high speed 1/2 , 3/4 or 1.. turn in low speed 3 ,4clicks...  rebound 1 or 2 slower.... works well ... for mx ( fork)  i turn in the compression about 5 clicks and rebound in 2... 

Edited by mx481