Do you get randomly drug tested like JS7 ?

I get randomly drug and alcohol tested throughout the year for my job and when its time to pee i have a chance "at the time of the test"  to "disclose" and produce a prescription for a substance that i may be taking that "I know" may cause me to test positive.. If i do not and I test positive extremely bad things happen to me... career ending things.  

So did JS7 "disclose" to them at the time of the test he was taking a "Banned substance" he knew required a TUE prior to testing ?  

No .... or we wouldn't be discussing this..

He may not have got the chance, I don't know thier protocols so maybe someone else does.   

Anyone else get punished for testing positive for drugs in the work place ?   

Yes i get JS7 took a PED not a controlled substance but it seems the consequences of hiding it from testing should be a good comparison...

Mods feel free to move this where it belongs, just seemed to be a slightly warm topic in here.. 🙂

Edited by jetfuel
  • Like 1

What you do outside of work should be none of their business.

First of all this is not true, if you do heroin outside of work, it will effect your work. I am not saying he did this but he did something to effect his job without the proper paperwork. As pulpmx podcast said, he probably signed shit without looking at it given his high profile (and his high lawyers) but he made a mistake (lawyers mistake?) and as a result he should be punished. While I agree he should not have such a harse penalty as was given, he should be punished for this careless mistake.

Edited by TomboSlice

On the Matthis Podcast they discussed this exact thing, they give the riders a list of the banned substances and ask them if they're taking any of the substances on the list that may cause them to test positive.... Stewart did not admit to taking Adderal, now I"m sure there will be a few who will say he didn't know etc.. Blah Blah Blah but even Mathes admitted he should have known at that point. 

DUDE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING AND THOUGHT HE WOULDNT GET CAUGHT. We call that a cheater. 

• Like 5

In holland it is ok to smoke pot......no one drug tests new hires......cdl drivers do not get randomly tested etc.......also if you get a speeding ticket there your auto insurance does not increase.......they are very strict on DUI though......get pulled over and it's very likely you'll be breath tested........

I've never failed a pee test.....but I don't see the harm in someone smoking a little weed on the weekends......to me big diff between a joint here and there and coke or heroin etc......i guess it's too bad for the potheads that it stays in your system long term instead of exiting quickly like alcohol......

I get tested several times a year, blood test. Pee is not accurate enough. Testing positive for anything other than prescription is immediate walk. If it is prescribed and you did not tell them, you must provide proof (written by as local, real doctor, one they can interview) and you will be allowed to return to work. You loose out on any pay during the process. It can take several weeks. You can also be replaced and simply not have a job during this time. Too bad, so sad. I have not seen that happen but it is one of the things they tell us every six months or so at the 'refresher meetings'. I send a email to HR every time I get  a script or have a renewal. They acknowledge and I am fine if they 'discover it'. I was on pain meds on and off for close to five years. Because of the disclosure (or perhaps sloppy testing???) I was never questioned. I was never told 'Yeah, we noticed the Vicodin...' I only heard about guys being given the boot.

JS has no excuse.

What....... murder is illegal? No one ever told me.............Do over!

• Like 3

I get tested several times a year, blood test. Pee is not accurate enough. Testing positive for anything other than prescription is immediate walk. If it is prescribed and you did not tell them, you must provide proof (written by as local, real doctor, one they can interview) and you will be allowed to return to work. You loose out on any pay during the process. It can take several weeks. You can also be replaced and simply not have a job during this time. Too bad, so sad. I have not seen that happen but it is one of the things they tell us every six months or so at the 'refresher meetings'. I send a email to HR every time I get a script or have a renewal. They acknowledge and I am fine if they 'discover it'. I was on pain meds on and off for close to five years. Because of the disclosure (or perhaps sloppy testing???) I was never questioned. I was never told 'Yeah, we noticed the Vicodin...' I only heard about guys being given the boot.

JS has no excuse.

What....... murder is illegal? No one ever told me.............Do over!

Damn Bryan is strict! :D

• Like 1

On the Matthis Podcast they discussed this exact thing, they give the riders a list of the banned substances and ask them if they're taking any of the substances on the list that may cause them to test positive.... Stewart did not admit to taking Adderal, now I"m sure there will be a few who will say he didn't know etc.. Blah Blah Blah but even Mathes admitted he should have known at that point.

DUDE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING AND THOUGHT HE WOULDNT GET CAUGHT. We call that a cheater.

C'mon, it's very plausible!

I have no memory of ever snorting coke off of a strippers ass on my 21st BD......

Just play ignorant!

• Like 4