How do I make my crf 150f faster?

Better tires

Suspension up grades (emulators/Helbo/ fork brace)

Valve adjustment

New chain and sprockets

Clean air filter/synthetic oil change/new spark plug

Proper uncorking and re-jet carb properly also

Riding with other riders that are slightly better riders /faster than you are

Eating better, drinking more water, getting enough rest along with more aerobic exercise.

More compression/big bore kit (BBR)

89a Web cam and springs

ProCom CDI box

Larger carburetor (26/28) (BBR/EO)

Cylinder head porting

Larger countershaft sprocket/smaller rear sprocket

18" & 21" wheels and tires along with CRF 150r forks.

Etc. etc.

Edited by adnohguy
  • Like 2

Better tires

Suspension up grades (emulators/Helbo/ fork brace)

Valve adjustment

New chain and sprockets

Clean air filter/synthetic oil change/new spark plug

Proper uncorking and re-jet carb properly also

Riding with other riders that are slightly better riders /faster than you are

Eating better, drinking more water, getting enough rest along with more aerobic exercise.

More compression/big bore kit (BBR)

89a Web cam and springs

ProCom CDI box

Larger carburetor (26/28) (BBR/EO)

Cylinder head porting

Larger countershaft sprocket/smaller rear sprocket

18" & 21" wheels and tires along with CRF 150r forks.

Etc. etc.

Really dude... come on

Im 12 right now im good

I get that, but if your looking for more power maybe it's time to sell and step up. I wouldn't waste any money on the 150 because you'll want a bigger bike in a year or two. I stepped up to a 125 two stroke right before I turned 13.. I was on a klx 125l four stroke before that. Many might say it's too much power for you and blah blah blah. The kx125 made me a better rider.

When is someone in the know going to tell this nice young lad to open the air box top and re jet the bike with the proper jets. Pull out the exhaust baffle if it helps? What are the specs he needs to know.

Post #2 "proper uncorking and rejetting the carburetor properly".

The exact how-to should be in a sticky at the top of the thread listing.

At 12 years old it's not worth putting a lot of money into it. Better to save your cash until you are ready for something taller. My advise is to look for a decent used CRF230f as soon as you are tall enough to feel comfortable handling it.

• Like 1

Get a bigger bike...

I'm not sure but The way I read his post, he was asking about the bike he already owns.

I didn't read the part that he asked if he should purchase a larger bike or not...

If so I would have made completely different suggestions.

I'm sure that there is at least one constructive suggestion that I posted that he will find somewhat useful?

Besides he may turn out to be a pro rider some day, who knows?

I'm not sure but The way I read his post, he was asking about the bike he already owns.

I didn't read the part that he asked if he should purchase a larger bike or not...

I'm sure that there is at least one constructive suggestion that I posted that he will find somewhat useful?

Yeah who knows...

The way I see it is why put a lot of money into a bike he probably won't ride too much longer. Yeah he didn't ask about other bikes, but I suggested it. What you suggested is ridiculous to suggest to a 12 year old. Unless he's that odd chance, he had no idea what you said...

The way I see it is why put a lot of money into a bike he probably won't ride too much longer. Yeah he didn't ask about other bikes, but I suggested it. What you suggested is ridiculous to suggest to a 12 year old. Unless he's that odd chance, he had no idea what you said...

Wow Cowboy I don't think anyone knew he was 12 till after a post.

Wow Cowboy I don't think anyone knew he was 12 till after a post.

Most people I've seen riding 150's are usually from 11 to 14 depending on height and weight etc. Putting money into a bike when he'll most likely step up fairly soon seems like a waste.