2004 kx250f no start

Brand new piston and rings installed exactly as manual shows, new gaskets,timing chain, head was shipped to engine dynamics and repaired cam journal and shimmed it. New plug, fresh gas.its getting fuel & spark, no start. Timing should be dead on.

1419113127765.jpg

1419113156609.jpg

My service manual shows flywheel to be lined up with the case on the 2nd timing mark not inbetween the two. which i have verified is tdc using a long rod. Due to it having the decompression valve i havent checked compression with head installed.

I did a compression test without cams installed and it was 43lbs. I did a leak down test and set at a 100lbs air is constantly leaking through the carb so the intake valves are not seating properly. This was all supposed to be fixed and tested by engine dynamics in California. I heard great things on here about them but no so sure now

I did a compression test without cams installed and it was 43lbs. I did a leak down test and set at a 100lbs air is constantly leaking through the carb so the intake valves are not seating properly. This was all supposed to be fixed and tested by engine dynamics in California. I heard great things on here about them but no so sure now

Well maybe before blaming the machine work done, are you sure you have the correct shims installed? You CANNOT install the original shims after machine works been done. If those are good then maybe they didn't grind the valves in correctly or the valves are hanging up.

Edited by kawisrok

Just talked to engine dynamics, for the mix up he is having me ship my head back to them and they are going to give it a valve job, fix the exhaust bolt hole, shim it, and replace any needed parts for free! Cant ask for better customer service than that!!

• 3 months later...