Bike Mind

Hi,

So I wonder what other manifestations of "Bike Mind" fellow riders might notice in your daily life?

For instance; When I drive past a golf course I am filled with the desire to take the 2 stroke out there, and even secretly daydream of an apocoplyse when that might be possible without law probs lol

Or the rider wave with my clutch arm out and the peace sign as we pass each other, but when I am driving my truck I STILL throw that wave and then feel a little awkward once I realize they probably didn't notice and wouldn't recognize my GMC as a rider :o)

Looking forward to hear what others have to share.

May you be protected!

IMG_20141009_155559262.jpg

• Like 1

40 years ago on my 30 mile bus ride to school in rural northern Michigan. The paved roads all had trails in the right of way for walking, motorcycles and snowmobiles. Would watch the trails and envision riding. Did some of the greatest jumps of my life in my imagination.

More recently, if I can't sleep I envision the perfect ride. I ride pretty well there too.

Mike

• Like 1

Hi,

So I wonder what other manifestations of "Bike Mind" fellow riders might notice in your daily life?

For instance; When I drive past a golf course I am filled with the desire to take the 2 stroke out there, and even secretly daydream of an apocoplyse when that might be possible without law probs lol

Or the rider wave with my clutch arm out and the peace sign as we pass each other, but when I am driving my truck I STILL throw that wave and then feel a little awkward once I realize they probably didn't notice and wouldn't recognize my GMC as a rider :o)

Looking forward to hear what others have to share.

May you be protected!

I totally get that, one really does see opportunity everywhere and the realization really only kicked in since I got a dirtbike, on how restricted one actually is where one can freely roam... whether on foot or on a bike. The cake has been partitioned and distributed a long time ago...

I don't think of golf courses the same way as others on here, I guess. I would rather play a round on them, compared to riding on them. I think that it would be boring riding a dirt bike on a golf course. If someone wants to ride a bike on a golf course, might as well take up riding a kwad.... Talk about boring, no tight singletrack, might as well ride in any open field...

I don't think of golf courses the same way as others on here, I guess. I would rather play a round on them, compared to riding on them. I think that it would be boring riding a dirt bike on a golf course. If someone wants to ride a bike on a golf course, might as well take up riding a kwad.... Talk about boring, no tight singletrack, might as well ride in any open field...

Obviously you've never golfed in the Okanagan. Many are much more than open fields. You may find your game lacking...

Obviously you've never golfed in the Okanagan. Many are much more than open fields. You may find your game lacking...

compared to a tight singletrack, a fairway is a boring place to ride....well, in a golf cart with a good amount of barley pop...different story... I sure do like golfing, though!
  • Like 2

compared to a tight singletrack, a fairway is a boring place to ride....well, in a golf cart with a good amount of barley pop...different story... I sure do like golfing, though!

lost-city-golf-2.jpg

Some are more boring than others, you'd better be carrying  ?

Edited by Benorman
  • Like 3

40 years ago on my 30 mile bus ride to school in rural northern Michigan. The paved roads all had trails in the right of way for walking, motorcycles and snowmobiles. Would watch the trails and envision riding. Did some of the greatest jumps of my life in my imagination.

More recently, if I can't sleep I envision the perfect ride. I ride pretty well there too.

Mike

Haha im from northern michigan too an whenever im driving around in my cage i envision myself riding the side of the road jumping anything in sight ditches/hills/driveways/curbs anything... But thats when im rrreeeaallllyyy bored. Or if im sitting somewhere bored like the doctors office i will just close my eyes and remember the biggest jump i ever hit, or sometimes i get crazy flash backs from when i hit a car on my bike a few years ago, i dont like that one lol

• Like 1

lost-city-golf-2.jpg

Some are more boring than others, you'd better be carrying ?

Thats my kinda shit right there. I would catch those lil guys an throw them in the bed of my truck. ALIVE. Shit i dont need no gun, when i visit florida every few years i take the bike into the bush and capture venonmous snakes, pythons, and gators an release them. Its lots of fun an all done bare handed, call me crazy but thats my kinda addlrenaline rush haha

• Like 2

I have always dreamed of time travel back to the times of horse and buggy with my dirt bike and a bunch of fuel.  I also get excited while driving the highway and I see a clear path off the highway into the woods.  One of my favorite riding spots to date is right off the side of a highway.