Abq riders

Thanks for the invite, I was at the mall when i first saw the post and those are some cool pics! Glad you guys had a good time. There's no way my SM would have done well in that today! Someday I'll have some 80/20 or 50/50 tires fitted.

Edited by ospreyfe55

Matt I was able to use your link on my phone. Looks like some pretty cool riding. I just moved back out here but the only riding I did out here about 5 years ago was out at Southern and South of Kirtland at Montessa. I've got an SM so I'd have to do some work to be able to keep you with you guys out there.

• 1 month later...

Dang I guess Im gonna have to get some Dirt Tires for my SM! Also what mods do you have done to your bike?

The only performance mods on my bike are a no name insert in the exhaust, it was on the bike when I got it.  Other than that the airbox is opened and its been jetted correctly for this elevation.  Made a HUGE difference. Also, its got E gearing, one down and 3 up.

Have a friend that rides a wr250x, he put knobbies on his SM wheels until he found R wheelset.  It was functional.   :ride:

The only performance mods on my bike are a no name insert in the exhaust, it was on the bike when I got it. Other than that the airbox is opened and its been jetted correctly for this elevation. Made a HUGE difference. Also, its got E gearing, one down and 3 up.

Have a friend that rides a wr250x, he put knobbies on his SM wheels until he found R wheelset. It was functional. :ride:

Yeah Im looking at the Shinko 244s or something to that effect. Also what are your current jet settings? I have been playing with mine but would love to know what others in the area are running. Also is there a DRZ group here in ABQ? I know there are like 4 of at work that have drz but I'm the only one with the SM.

Yeah Im looking at the Shinko 244s or something to that effect. Also what are your current jet settings? I have been playing with mine but would love to know what others in the area are running. Also is there a DRZ group here in ABQ? I know there are like 4 of at work that have drz but I'm the only one with the SM.

To be honest I don't know how my jets are set, I had someone set it up for me.

• 2 months later...