Separate Link Arm Throttle Valve

Ok, good tip it worked Trailryder42

I have another delima, should I replace these or are they still usable?  They were in the cleaner for 30 minutes, they are the only parts that look like this.

They are 155 and 55.  I am at about 600 ft with Uni filter and snorkel removed.

Thanks

IMAG0167-L.jpg

I just got the bike, the PO did part of the TAT shadow of the Rockies ride and the week after he got home he had a accident on his K bike so this bike sat for 2 years and the gas was not turned off.  I drained the gas and added some fresh and sloshed it around and drained it too the added some more fresh gas and got it started twice and just setting there running it was a bit rough but the third time I tried to start it I had no luck.

no exhaust mods.

they looked like that when I took them out.  would it be better to go with 158/58 or maybe 160/60?

what would cause that black stuff on there, it is pretty hard stuff.

Thanks

If its on the outside you can bet its on the inside, at least partially occluding the jet passages. For gas having sat in the carb for 2 years you should completely strip the carb and do a thorough cleaning. Don't forget the fuel screw passage.

What elevation did the PO live at?

Do you know what to look for of the stock exhaust to know if its been modded? Heard of the Gordon mod?

Since you're going to be replacing those jets, I suggest buying both those combos. Start with the 158/58.

Thanks Trailryder42

I did remove the fuel screw when I soaked the carb, 

we both live in the same area where it is between 550 and 650 ft per my GPS

I looked at the exhaust and it is not drilled but if it helps that much I can do (3) #2 holes

If I drill out the spark arrestor  will the 158/58 still work or should I step it up to 160/60?

most of my ridding will be around here but with any luck I will be able to do Big Bend several times a year.   👍

Well usually if you provide for more intake flow, to see any benefit from it you need to provide more exhaust flow. I suggest doing the Gordon mod. The po stopped short of what he should have done. And as suggested earlier, buy both jet combos, as everyones bikes can be a little different in the way they respond to jetting, as well as different climates.