Sdg step seat opinions from taller riders

As I know it is almost same height for rider and ~1inch higher for passenger. But it isn't made for passenger comfort, the step help you to stay in position when acceleration. For me (I am ~182cm) std seat height is a little bit low and pegs are high. I would go with "tall" version. It is softer too, you will get better comfort. it is not high as described as when you seat bec it crushes more bec it is softer.

When I bought my Aussie E it already had a sdg tall seat. Im 5'10 3/4" and ride 100% offroad and I find it perfect, I sit on it touching with the balls of both feet and it's not a huge movement to go from standing to sitting. I read about people shaving seats or buying lower ones and can't figure it out. I guess its just a case of what works for you may not be right for me. The one thing I will say is I find it slippery , I could've probably got a grippier cover but I made some home made steg pegs to help on the hills instead. I know you were asking about the step seat but since the tall was mentioned I thought I'd comment

Cheers Mark

• Like 1

This is  excellent information and greatly appreciated (TT rocks!).  Sounds like the sdg is of decent quality also in comparison to stock.  I am not that concerned with the passenger aspects of this seat though.  My main concern is while I like the idea of step holding me in place where I should be sitting will this step actually place me too far forward being that I am a nick over 6'(I don't want to feel as though the family jewels are right up the tank).   On rides that go over 30 miles I tend to move around quite a bit on the seat to help stay comfortable.  Will I totally lose this ability to adjust seating position with the sdg step?

Thank you

Shawn