KTM EXC 350400

2014 KTM EXC-F 350, installed a HT-racing 400 BB kit, for about 600 bucks you get your cylinder bored to I believe around 94mm, gasket kit,and pistonrings.

For me this is just what I was looking for, has a lot more torque, at low end, bike picks up and moves from the start of twisting the throttle, I can now ride the bike, 55-65 at a much lower RPM , when I let off the throttle now bike has engine breaking like a real thumper.

It also feels a lot smoother, I think cause it's not at such a high RPM.

I know a lot of people buy the 350 for tight single track, and would probably not like this mod, but for me and the kind of riding I do its perfect

Increasing the displacement allows one to lower (raise) the gearing so that the rpm is lower at any given speed.

Ya, that would be a gearing change, the OP makes it sound like just increasing displacement have him at lower rpms at a given speed.... Edited by yzf996fxdwg

The BB kit lets the motor run at a lower RPM cause it has more torque , and low end. Now I'm running 14-48 running 60mph on the street bike is much lower in the RPM, in the dirt running say 15-20 now I can loft the front end much easy than before.

But you can still rev it out if you want.

There is a lot of info on the kit, mostly in the SXF / XC forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Thumper Talk