Key on handlebar mount

I was watching "jake the garden snake" on youtube and i noticed he had a ignition/key mounted onto his left handle bar clamp. i have searched on google and not having any luck getting a hit for a bracket. Does anyone know who makes a bracket to relocate the key over to the handlebar clamp? Thanks

Skip to 2:30 in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UzCFFpNfKQ

for another option that works.

Flat stock was used here, but if you don't have any you can get a steering stem hour meter bracket (pic) from about anywhere on line or your local shop for less than $10 and then just drill a hole for the ignition key part, flatten it out with a vise or hammer, grind or file the sides down as needed for clearance and mount it to the stem. Sounds more complicated than it is. About a 10 min job max.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1419282970.874484.jpg

just another option...

Maybe a DRZ400 bracket? The key cylinders look similar in size.

Ironically, when I had my DRZ, I moved the switch to where it's mounted on the KTM.

LOL me too! First thing I noticed when I got the bike, hey that's where my DRZ key was! I'm thinking of just eliminating the key and going with a toggle switch or something that's more accessible.

Skip to 2:30 in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UzCFFpNfKQ

for another option that works.

Flat stock was used here, but if you don't have any you can get a steering stem hour meter bracket (pic) from about anywhere on line or your local shop for less than $10 and then just drill a hole for the ignition key part, flatten it out with a vise or hammer, grind or file the sides down as needed for clearance and mount it to the stem. Sounds more complicated than it is. About a 10 min job max.

📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1419282970.874484.jpg

just another option...

I watched your videos.  I have completed a lot of the same modifications and done others. 

Everyone who has a 500 EXC should watch it for at least to get some ideas.... However, I do have some comments of a couple of things that I found interesting.

1. The FMF snap.  You really support it.  My problem is that they seam to be overpriced for a piece of sheet metal with some holes in it.  I don't think the R&D and jig cost was that significant to support the $100 they want for it.  I have been toying with the idea to make one myself.  Getting the specs would be cool.

2.  I am glad to see you told the story of your Trail Tech computer.  I have been saying for years that they are crap on the Yamaha Forum and getting nothing but grief by loyal supporters from those who spent their hard earned money and are not willing to say they drank the Cool Aid. 

BTW moving the key to another place is a real good idea.  Not sure where I am going to move it.  I have a Scotts Stabilizer that will get in the way where you got it.

I'm not a huge fan of the snap, but it does work in the low to mid range stuff for me and I find I can ride harder longer in the technical stuff because the bike is not so snappy and I'm not working as hard regripping out of the corners or while standing.

As for trail tech, some folks have good luck with them, I didn't. Mostly could never sort out the battery from losing connection and dumping data.

I have a stabilizer on my 950, but haven't had the need for one on the 500.