Indicator Panel Brightness

I put a peice of electrical tape over the high beam light. Cause it's always on at night and bothers me when I ride also. The blinkers and other lights are only on for a few seconds when turning or so, so I left them.

Put a piece of electrical tape over the high beam long ways. Try it out it works lol. And basically free.

You could try applying tint (window) over the plastic lens or put a piece of black electrical tape over the high-beam indicator, since it's probably on the most... Or try reducing the voltage going into the lights, presuming their LEDs.

You stole my idea post! We posted at the same time too lol.

You could try applying tint (window) over the plastic lens or put a piece of black electrical tape over the high-beam indicator, since it's probably on the most... Or try reducing the voltage going into the lights, presuming their LEDs.

You stole my idea post! We posted at the same time too lol.

Mask everything off and hit the lenses with a coat or two of VHT Niteshades. Check your local auto parts store, I know Pep Boys carries it Advanced Auto might too.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1419357727.145296.jpg

Works great on tail lights, should work great on the indicators. A quick wet sand and a wipe down with rubbing alcohol will make it easier.

Edited by Gsxrstuntdrz

Funny that you guys mention black electrical tape, our Phantoms were flying night missions. The control box for the radar jamming pods was never wired to the cockpit panel intensity control control.

Well after all these years and generations later to include a 100 Million dollar Tiltrotor, I still use duct tape to dim down the lights when flying on NVG's! And I will pick up a can of that Nite shades the next time out at the parts store. Edited by ospreyfe55

Improvise, adapt, overcome.

There were several EW pod "mods".  The most common was 821 which had the control box for the GIB.  One of our Recce's still had an 801 mod with the control box on the pilots right control panel (near the MB ejection rails).  Sent the bird back to MOB thinking all our birds had been updated.  Very rude comment from my shop chief, illiterate fornicator.