Just some clutch questions

You can upshift and downshift without using your clutch.  Some will argue that it will damage the gears.  I have been racing for 11 years, and haven't had a transmission problem shifting without a clutch, but I use Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF in my gear boxes.  But that subject too can be beat to a pulp.  If you're just riding around and aren't trying to gain tenths of a second on someone, might as well use you clutch.

About being about to tell if your transmission is good by shifting gears without the motor running; you really can't tell for absolutely sure.  The fact that it goes into gear when you pull or push on the shifter, just means it went into that position.  You won't really know until you put a load on each gear.

Put some fresh fluid in your tranny and go test it.

Edited by WALKINGWOUNDED
  • Like 1

You can upshift and downshift without using your clutch.  Some will argue that it will damage the gears.  I have been racing for 11 years, and haven't had a transmission problem shifting without a clutch, but I use Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF in my gear boxes.  But that subject  to can be beat to a pulp.  If you're just riding around and aren't trying to gain tenths of a second on someone, might as well use you clutch.

About being about to tell if your transmission is good by shifting gears without the motor running; you really can't tell for absolutely sure.  The fact that it goes into gear when you pull or push on the shifter, just means it went into that position.  You won't really know until you put a load on each gear.

Put some fresh fluid in your tranny and go test it.

is it possible to go from neutral to 1st and pull off without the clutch and its a 95 yz 125