Scorpa T-ride 250F model

• 5 months later...

I have a 2009 Scorpa T-ride. Tank capacity is 1.65 gallons and I've pushed it to 110 miles. I absolutely love the geometry of this bike. It's crazy nimble and a really great climber. My husband/mechanic is about to burn the bike because it's an electrical nightmare. I'm wondering if we have a lemon or if other Scorpa T-ride people have had this problem. I'm only 5'0" tall so my choice of dirt bike that will handle what we ride is very limited. Otherwise, I'd have the KTM Freeride. Do you know of a Scorpa T-ride for sale?

I have a 2009 Scorpa T-ride. Tank capacity is 1.65 gallons and I've pushed it to 110 miles. I absolutely love the geometry of this bike. It's crazy nimble and a really great climber. My husband/mechanic is about to burn the bike because it's an electrical nightmare. I'm wondering if we have a lemon or if other Scorpa T-ride people have had this problem. I'm only 5'0" tall so my choice of dirt bike that will handle what we ride is very limited. Otherwise, I'd have the KTM Freeride. Do you know of a Scorpa T-ride for sale?

A friend just got the Randonne and it doesn't have the power I want. It feels like a true trials bike vs. the Scorpa that is truly a crossover. I misspoke....the tank capacity is 1.85 gallons. As I said, I've gotten 110+ miles of hard riding on a tank (fast, straight running mixed with lots of technical). Not sure what the electrical issue is this time (perhaps a stator issue) but I can safely say that this bike is cobbled together in head-scratching ways. The carb is lame, there are way too many relay switches (which have all failed), wires are jam packed, etc etc. If we could make this bike work, I'd evangelize the hell out of them. I think there may be one for sale in BC (I bought mine in Vancouver, BC about 4 years ago). Do you know of one that is available? How did you get turned on to this bike? If you can fit on the KTM Freeride, you should do that. My next step is to see if I can find a way to make that work for me. The seat height difference is 33.5 vs. 36. This is actually a big deal for me. I'm checking out the Xtrainer now. Let me know what you know about a Scorpa, please 😉

I've just been going through different bits of info looking for this class of bike. I'm 5'8" and a normal seat height isn't part of what I'm looking for. The goal is halfway between a trials and an enduro in most respects, more midrange power than the bottomend trials have, more suspension than trials have, but real low seat height, narrow and light weight. The Scorpa, Ossa Explorer, Sherco XRide, Beta XTrainer, and the Randonne' all somewhat fill the criteria, although like you, I feel the same about the Randonne'. The others I haven't been on, but did get to look and a XTrainer a couple weeks ago.

SInce it'd be tough to check out these things, and scrounge money to afford them, I've somewhat decided to build my own. A buddy got an XR200 and we're going to change some stuff around on it and fudge to towards what we want. It won't be very close to the goal but it won't be mutliple thousands of dollars either. Going a big displacement build and lowering the seat, swapping to some early generation smaller USD forks and a better, fully adjustable shock, disc brake wheels and some other stuffs. Tinking the handlebars will get moved forward and up and tad, and maybe the pegs back another tad. Wanting it built for lower speed use and more nimble/quicker steering, with plenty of poop to loft the front when needed, via the bigger motor and sprocket changes. Dampers will be gone thru to suit the usage.

The Scorpa fits what you're looking for...except for the reliability, availability and expense factors. Obviously big deals. We may find an older, plated WR250 and replace parts with it....including "leveraging" the plate. That's another downfall of the Scorpa. It's not plate-able. Crazy enough, my friend's Randonne came plated.

My next goal is to figure out if we have a lemon. I'd buy another Scorpa in a heartbeat if that was the case. Unlikely, though, when you see the lame carb and the relay overkill. The Xtrainer looks really good. I'll have to check around OR to see who might have one.

I will. I'm waiting for them to open at 9 this morning so I can call about it. I'm bummed I missed the demo. We were riding up at boundary trail. My Scorpa rode like a champ all day and then literally died at the top of Jumbo peak. I had to coast and push the bike down Dark Meadows back down to the 23. It was an "adventure" for sure.