Best mirrors for DRZ?

Hey everyone,

I wanted to know what everyone is using for their mirrors. I still have my stock ones on now. I really don't find them ugly like some do, but I don't think they look "good". 

My main complaint is that I usually have to tuck my shoulder in on either side to see behind me. 

The other complaint is that they do have some weight to them. 

I was hoping that I could find a nice pair to kill 2 birds with one stone: Save weight and get something more functional. 

These caught my eye:

http://www.motostrano.com/Seca-8-Composite-Mirrors-p/06400482.htm

They are composite (light weight).  :banana:

I think they look good  :banana:

And they seem to be more functional then stock (not a square, more rectangular for wider view)  :banana:

What are your thoughts? Any suggestions? 

As always,

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

I wanted to know what everyone is using for their mirrors. I still have my stock ones on now. I really don't find them ugly like some do, but I don't think they look "good".

My main complaint is that I usually have to tuck my shoulder in on either side to see behind me.

The other complaint is that they do have some weight to them.

I was hoping that I could find a nice pair to kill 2 birds with one stone: Save weight and get something more functional.

These caught my eye:

http://www.motostrano.com/Seca-8-Composite-Mirrors-p/06400482.htm

They are composite (light weight). :banana:

I think they look good :banana:

And they seem to be more functional then stock (not a square, more rectangular for wider view) :banana:

What are your thoughts? Any suggestions?

As always,

Thanks!

When I had mirrors on mine I had bar ends. They were 25 bucks for the pair and even though they weren't very big you could see a lot more out of them because of where they are and the fact that they're convex. and they looked good too. Edited by SheWantsThe D-RZ

When I had mirrors on mine I had bar ends. They were 25 bucks for the pair and even though they weren't very big you could see a lot more out of them because of where they are and the fact that they're convex. and they looked good too.

I forgot to mention I already have Zeta handguards, and I am a little taller (6' 3") so I feel like bar end mirrors wouldn't work out so well because I have to look down pretty far to see them (therefore completely taking my eyes off the road).

I kinda like those ones in the link you provided.

Tried these ones from DRC, liked them ok.

Currently running these Acerbis mirrors with convex mirrors added. Not the greatest vision but very light.

I just cut the ball joint off & twisted a 10 x 1.25 mm die over it & screwed into existing perches.

1419469403768.jpg

1419469448828.jpg

1419469464069.jpg

1419469481461.jpg

1419469497516.jpg

1419469517057.jpg

• Like 1

Kawasaki ZR750 mirrors here (Only becaue i had the popular Aprillia Tuono ones on my last DRZ, and wanted to be different this time around).

One thing you can be sure of - is the stockers 'suck'. Unless you have an elbow fetish of course..........

(**Amd im 6'2 and can see out of these perfectly).

P1020418_zps0e38fc85.jpg

I like those! Very similar to the ones I posted. I think I'm probably going to get the ones in the link I posted. They are a little pricey but if they are good quality, light, and functional it'll be worth it. If I decide to get them I'll let everyone know how they are.

Tuono +1

I have one and I am glad. It is great in traffic. And oem DRZ mirrors looks horrible! Definitely chosen for making bike uglier, not working great and ugly.

I like the style of Tuonos. They have much larger view. But it is about your need. I have to ride in fast traffic most and I found I feel the mirrors are too low to check often. I can't imagine if I had a bar end thing... But as I said, it is mostly about traffic and your riding style.

Yea the ones you linked to do look pretty similiar in regards of head-shape. Nice shape too - and that angular look really suits the dizzer IMO. Those stock square ones are really so out of place. Once you change over - you'll wonder (Both visually and for actual useage) why you didnt do it earlier i promise you !!!!

I had the Aprillia Tuono mirrors before as i said - again: The shape of those is wider on the actual head / glass (Horizontally) and gives a much better field of view. Probably not as 'cool' for the younger Motard riders out there, but living in a biggish town with busy roads here in the UK, its more important to be able to see whats 'attacking' you, than looking good !

I did quite alot of 'research' and hunting around on the Kawasaki ZR750 mirrors i bought in the end. There appeared to be a few different stem shapes (Altering both the height, how far the mirrors stick out). In the end i got the original Kawasaki parts. They were expensive (Around $150 comparatively in dollars)  but are just a touch wider than the bars - despite how the pics make it look - a perfect height, and are obviously a great quality, vibration-free etc unlike some aftermarket parts.

For comparison; My old Dizzer with Tuono mirrors is here:

006-6.jpg

Sure brings back memories Shuv.......that was for sure one of my very favorite bikes on the forum.  ?

• Like 2

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CHCPT32 I decided to order these. For $21 they're worth a shot, if I don't like them I'll return them. The seca 8's are composite which saves weight but for $70 less I couldn't justify them lol. I'll let you guys know how they are.

I bought a pair of these, they arrived with one of them basically broken, the ball/socket joint was completely loose rendering the mirrors useless. Besides, they looked very large on the bike. I returned for a refund. You may get lucky and get ones that aren't broken from the start.

Here is a picture of them on my bike (briefly)

IMG_0602.JPG

Right now I'm ordering these and plan on mounting to the bars under the grips, as I've seen done on here. Good thing is that they won't break if you crash off-road.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FMTX4M/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2QG0CRWTZ2FNM

I am also considering buying these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L61OEKE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AKBKQY4FC7C3G

I was thinking that with the ball/socket joint being 360 degrees, I could rotate them "inward" to keep them from sticking out so far. The trade-off is that you get more elbows in your view, but again, if you drop the bike off-road, you risk damaging the OEM threaded mounting holes for the mirrors. I had this happen on my KLR650.

Will update when I get them in. I love Amazon Prime shipping. ?

edit: To hold me over while I wait for shipping, I snagged a mirror off of my KLR just so I have something to see behind me. These are Ken Sean 901020 and 901010. The KLR had an awesome ability to vibrate mirrors to the point of lunacy, and these worked very well for me, albeit just a bit too much elbow.

https://www.denniskirk.com/ken-sean/black-universal-rectangular-mirror.p39312.prd/39312.sku

The thing I like is that they are not too far outside of the bars:

IMG_0638.JPG

IMG_0640.JPG

Just another option for those looking for input.

Edited by joey stalin

I bought a pair of these, they arrived with one of them basically broken, the ball/socket joint was completely loose rendering the mirrors useless. Besides, they looked very large on the bike. I returned for a refund. You may get lucky and get ones that aren't broken from the start.

Here is a picture of them on my bike (briefly)

IMG_0602.JPG

Right now I'm ordering these and plan on mounting to the bars under the grips, as I've seen done on here. Good thing is that they won't break if you crash off-road.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FMTX4M/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2QG0CRWTZ2FNM

I am also considering buying these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L61OEKE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AKBKQY4FC7C3G

I was thinking that with the ball/socket joint being 360 degrees, I could rotate them "inward" to keep them from sticking out so far. The trade-off is that you get more elbows in your view, but again, if you drop the bike off-road, you risk damaging the OEM threaded mounting holes for the mirrors. I had this happen on my KLR650.

Will update when I get them in. I love Amazon Prime shipping. ?

edit: To hold me over while I wait for shipping, I snagged a mirror off of my KLR just so I have something to see behind me. These are Ken Sean 901020 and 901010. The KLR had an awesome ability to vibrate mirrors to the point of lunacy, and these worked very well for me, albeit just a bit too much elbow.

https://www.denniskirk.com/ken-sean/black-universal-rectangular-mirror.p39312.prd/39312.sku

The thing I like is that they are not too far outside of the bars:

IMG_0638.JPG

IMG_0640.JPG

Just another option for those looking for input.

That sucks. Mine arrived in perfect condition. Poor packaging I assume? I love them, they are very functional (no shoulders or elbows in view), lightweight, and we're cheap. I'm not complaining!

That sucks. Mine arrived in perfect condition. Poor packaging I assume? I love them, they are very functional (no shoulders or elbows in view), lightweight, and we're cheap. I'm not complaining!

No, they were packaged just fine, they just left the factory with no QC whatsoever. Mirror flopped around like a wet noodle.