2014 impeller break?

Do ANY of you guys know ANYONE who personally broke an impeller, and was the bike stock or mod? THANKS.

Well, I don't know the guy personally, but I emailed a guy with a 2014 motor that blew twice due to a waterpump shaft... he posted it on ebay with a blurb saying that Yamaha did not help him with the cost of repair and that he was done with YZ250Fs. He listed the whole bike (with a blown motor) with bidding starting at $1k ...

I changed in two Yz250f (10h and 20h).

Both were in perfect condition.

European versions.

. You mean you changed the impeller or you got rid of the bikes ? I changed the impeller mine is fine I'm pretty hard on it I don't have a problem.

. You mean you changed the impeller or you got rid of the bikes ? I changed the impeller mine is fine I'm pretty hard on it I don't have a problem.

Yes of course. I changed it in two YZ250F.

Edited by wavan

So what's the story on how it broke? Is it bad design? What year make and model? Outcome?

The shaft of the impeller was updated on the updated Yamaha part no. 2014 yz250f only.

Outcome? Owners are paying ~$15 out of their own pocket for the part + installation if they want to save a failed impeller and motor rebuild.

• Like 2