how do I find out what year my rm250 is

Hi newbie here hope im in the right place to post this question. I have just been bought a rm250 for christmas by my wife and of course wen I asked her what year it was she looked at me dull and just said "its 2014 u tit" lol I told her I meant the bike and I just got a blank look and a shrug of the shoulders so I need some help a mate of mine said it was a 91 but I am unsure Ive been told that u find out from frame/engine numbers is this true? If so wer will I find such numbers?

Thanks in advance

Hi this is an off road uk bike so no title.

Found the frame number its rj15a-101793

Engine number is j111-103847

Ive been told by the person I bought it off that is is a 91 but he didnt seem sure and I need to be sure as it needs some work and parts and I dont fancy ordering all the wrong parts ive tried a few sites with the numbers but no luck. Im not sure how to post pics but will try now

Will take some more pics in the 2mz the engine has come back as a rmx250 89-92 but cannot find the frame number listed anywhere I have scoured the internet for hundreds of hours now and it is doing my head in lol I really appreciate your help hope I can figure this all out soon need to order parts

Thanks again will post pics asap

Because he's in the UK, "the tenth digit" doesn't count ~ that's a USA thing.  If you Google his engine generation number ( j111)  You'll find that the engine is actually an RMX used from '89 to '92 ( I used OEM-Cycle dot com ) and because the RMX changed so little you would be safe in ordering any part by calling it a '92 RMX250.

Hi thanks for the replies ive had my clymer manual today so thought that would give me info i need to id the year but no sign of my frame number ive looked at things like carbs cause they changed year to year i hope i can figure its year out while stripping heres a few more pics before i tear her down20150102_140301.jpg20150102_140350.jpg20150102_140325.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi update still not 100% but its a 90 rm frame with a 90 rmx engine from what I can figure out and has been fixed and riden and is good apart from a few minor problems which my new post will hopefully help solve (rmx 250 bogging out in first) thanks for all your help guys very much appreciated much love

Just wondering but what makes you think that you have an RMX engine?  What's the engine number by the kicker?  Reason why I'm asking is that the stator cover on the RMX is different than the one that is on your engine.